cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issue With Dolby on FireTV (NOT LG BUT NO LABEL FOR FIRETV YET)

I'm having intermittent issues with Dolby surround sound using the app on FireTV 4K. Nothing else is having a problem, however when using the NowTV app the sound intermittently cuts out, my AV receiver seems to be getting an inconsistent sound signal from the app. The sound signal is being delivered to the AV receiver by optical out from my TV, the FireTV stick is connected to a HDCP2.2 compliant HDMI port and I'm on 350Mbps virgin HFC broadband. Getting incredibly frustrated.

• LG
2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi, can you please try it just on the TV speakers without the AV receiver involved, see if you still get the cutting out, and report back here?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, maybe I should have also mentioned that when I use the app on the TV itself (LG), using the same optical out to the AV receiver there are no issues (I just prefer using FireTV as it's quicker for switching between apps). It looks as if the app is just the AndroidTV app with the play services dependency removed, so doesn't surprise me that it's buggy as hell and it really is. Worth mentioning that Dolby is fine for everything else on FireTV.