cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is a Linsar TV compatible with NOW? Cant connect the box

Hi everyone

I am having issues connecting my NOW box to my Linsar TV. When i connect the ethernet cable to the back of the TV nothing happens, or appears anywhere. It doesn't acknowledge it at all. The broadband works well just not when connecting to this TV. 

I wondered if anyone has had similar? or know if this Linsar TV is just not compatible 

Any advice would be very helpful !

Marcus 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a Youview box or a NOW TV box or both ?

Have you plugged in an Ethernet cable to your Youview box and if using a NOW box have you setup either the wifi or Ethernet on it ?

I am assuming you have also plugged in a HDMI cable from the box to your television.

The Lisnar TV doesn't have the native inbuilt NOW App on it, but connecting a Youview box or NOW box should work if the HDMI cable is connected and your internet setup correctly on these boxes.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You should be connecting the Ethernet cable to the NOW box, then the NOW box to the TV via HDMI.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 I am using a now tv hub two box which doesn't have a HDMI port in the back

Not sure if you know about the NOW TV BOX TWO

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Assuming it’s the black box from NOW? The only device supplied by NOW that doesn’t support Ethernet is the smart stick.

The black, white and smart boxes by NOW all support HDMI and Ethernet.

gavs82008_0-1648903276402.jpeg

Are you talking about the router instead and your a broadband customer with NOW?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a Youview box or a NOW TV box or both ?

Have you plugged in an Ethernet cable to your Youview box and if using a NOW box have you setup either the wifi or Ethernet on it ?

I am assuming you have also plugged in a HDMI cable from the box to your television.

The Lisnar TV doesn't have the native inbuilt NOW App on it, but connecting a Youview box or NOW box should work if the HDMI cable is connected and your internet setup correctly on these boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I am using a NOW TV box two. It doesn't have a HDMI port which is confusing. Not sure how you are suppose to connect it. Any thoughts on the NOW TV BOX TWO?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NOW Hub 2 is purely a Router for access to the internet and is not a TV streaming box.

To watch NOW TV on your television you will need a supported device from this linked article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

You won't get the NOW App from your Lisnar Smart Apps Store, but does the other Apps off the television work with your NOW Broadband ?

If none of the Apps work off your Linsar TV, then try unplugging the Ethernet cable at both ends between the TV and NOW Router, then reconnect the Ethernet cable and try temporary unplugging the power to the Router to reboot it.

Also does the Linsar television have a wifi option and if so does it work with the NOW Hub 2 Router ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you still can't get the internet running on your Linsar Smart TV over Ethernet and this is no WiFi functionality on the television to try.

Then see if holding in the small reset button on the back of the NOW Hub 2 Router for around 15 seconds fixes it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps the apps do work but are very very slow, i tried loading YouTube but it struggled to play a single video. I can try what you suggested reconnecting and rebooting. 

No its doesn't have a wifi option, when i click wireless, it says no dongle connected. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity do you subscribe to Netflix and does your television have the Netflix App ?

If yes to both, then open the Netflix App and once signed in go to the Get Help section on the Netflix App home screen page and under "Check your Network" it will test what download speed you are receiving.

I find this test is pretty accurate and reliable in my experience.

How are the download speeds on your other internet connected devices ?

If it's just the Linsar TV over Ethernet that is the problem, then you could try changing the Ethernet settings on your Router by typing 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser and under the Hub Router Ethernet settings tab change from Gigabit to Fast Ethernet and click on the green Apply button to see if that makes any difference.

The NOW default Router username and password when prompted is admin & nowtv.