cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is Their A 100% Solution For Roku Express Streaming Now Tv ?

I have a Roku Express with the Now TV app. I have not bought any passes for sometime and the last one I used was with a Now TV black box. Now has offerred me some offers the first time in  9 months but am not keen to buy any whilst there is the "alleged" problem with using Now TV on the Roku Express. Now Tv in my opinion lives in a world of its own and appears to have  no dedicated service for people who have serious problems and you can make your own assumptions from this.

I don't want to go back to the black box because I find the Roku device gives better picture quality with  other apps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The last couple of pages on the linked thread seems to point to the older Roku purple Stick model 3500EU and this seems to be the same pattern over on NOW Twitter.

I didn't have a problem opening the new NOW App on my Roku Express only my old under powered purple Roku Stick model 3500EU where NOW have rolled back the software version on this older player.

Can't comment on the playback using my Roku Express because i haven't got any device slots available on my account.

I don't think any customers tested and had a say on the new NOW rebrand UI on Roku from my understanding and limited knowledge. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding the problem with the new NOW re-brand UI is related to the older Roku Purple Stick model 3500EU where NOW have rolled back the software to run the old interface on these devices (don't know if the rollback is temporary or permanent).

I own a Roku Express using the new NOW re-brand UI and navigating around the UI and loading screen pages is a little slower compared to the older interface but seems stable to me from my quick test.

Unfortunately i can't play any NOW content on the Roku Express because my registered device list on my account is full up with other payback devices (including a Roku Stick + which seems to be working fine though the loading screen page is slower than before).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. However it contradicts the masses of people experiencing problems with the Roku Express https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Now-TV-will-not-launch-on-Roku-Express/td-p/556491/pa...

According to my computer magazine the managing director of Now said in part By moving from Now TV to Now we marry our world-class quality with brilliant simplicity. I'm sure many people would disagree with at least some of her comments. Changing the screen from yellow to green  and the interface  to me is just one mess.

When Now TV was first launched it had few rivals and it can be argued these rivals can now  offer a better service which is where my money is at the moment.

Who decided on the new interface and design, were customers asked or was someone paid thousands to design a new look ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In reply to my own message it would seem that you are right and that it mainly  affects other Roku devices..............

I'll take up their pass offer which expires today, see what happens. I can always cancel.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The last couple of pages on the linked thread seems to point to the older Roku purple Stick model 3500EU and this seems to be the same pattern over on NOW Twitter.

I didn't have a problem opening the new NOW App on my Roku Express only my old under powered purple Roku Stick model 3500EU where NOW have rolled back the software version on this older player.

Can't comment on the playback using my Roku Express because i haven't got any device slots available on my account.

I don't think any customers tested and had a say on the new NOW rebrand UI on Roku from my understanding and limited knowledge. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your input.

Get the flags out, all works fine.

Makes me feel embarassed about my earlier comments.