cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Initial smart tv screen set up

Hi. I can’t click close on the screen that tells you to buy a pass. I have an account so press the close screen button and it won’t work. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and it still won’t close. Any suggestions?!

• LG
3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You are not alone.

See https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Issues-with-an-LG-Smart-TV/m-p/504271#M8352

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whilst it’s annoying I’m glad I’m not the only one! I am supposed to get an email from their tech team. The current app is probably out of date if we’ve all got the 2019 LG tv. 

Thanks for getting back to me!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

No worries, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Let’s hope LG can get on top of it for you all affected; but if not, post again, and i’ll See if there are any buttons I can push at this end.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.