cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ITV Hub

ITV Hub app is available using now box but not (as far as I can detemine) on 2nd TV. It's an LG smart (so say) TV with no ITV Hub app loaded or cleared for use so was relying on now tv app (supported by LG) to get to ITV hub. I can't find this or the iplayer app from the now tv GUI????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The nowtv boxes comes with third party additional apps such has BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5 as standard which are not imbedded in the GUI of the NowTV app (they are separate).

The NowTV app that comes with the LG or Samsung smart TV's only comes with the dedicated NowTV App for watching the NowTV content. 

To prove this If you go to My Apps on the NowTV box and click on the NowTV App the GUI layout will be similar to your LG smart TV.

To get the Apps such has BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub etc on your LG smart TV you need to download them from the LG TV own Apps Store (not sure what it is called because i don't own a LG smart TV). 

Not all smart TV manufactures will provide all four of the main UK catchup apps (again i am not sure what LG offer in their App Store).

My Panasonic smart television provides all four of the catch up service apps from the Firefox Apps Store , but unfortunately there is no NowTV app Smiley Sad 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not going to sit here and say it’s amazing picture quality because that’d be a lie.

For anything that was on channel 4 is good quality probably cause it is HD for free, whereas anything on E4 like Gotham for example is not the best. Would say E4 content is upscaled SD.

Still finally All4 without adverts is a massive improvement and HD is apparently something they are bringing to all platforms. But as usual that could be within the next 5 years! 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds ok @gavs82008 I might join the 14 day trial and see how it goes 😀