cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cant stream any NOW TV channels / files / entertainment since a day or so ago

I have a ROKU model 4200X

it appears to have been recently updated ( as ever we have no choice in this - its a liberty as far as im concerned - get off my box - its mine not now TVs nor Roku's )

Anyway - software version 8.1.0 build 4101-04

uptime 1 day 2 hours 22 mins

I have used this Roku for years without issue.

But now, all of a sudden, I cannot watch anything - I go into the app - choose what I want to watch and then , after the "swirly thing in the middle of the screen" I get kicked out back to the main Roku menu. Ie the NOW TV just crashes. Thats for movies/entertainment / live view etc - basically everythign in the app I have access to.

I dont have issues with any of my other streaming services from that box.

This used to work OK.

How can I get it to work again ?

( I have seen others saying they saw issues, but my forum skills are rubbish and I cant find their posts to piggy back on - sorry ).

1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User An update was supposed to be sent out last night to solve it, the advice from @Karl-F the community manager is to do a forced update if you're still having problems. 

To do this press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

If that still doesn't help, reply to Karl directly on this thread so that he sees your post

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Now-Tv-app-not-working-with-roku-box/m-p/468325#M5952