cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Humax Aura 4k with Android TV - Now TV app support?

Hello NowTV,

After you recently provided support for the Sony Android TV platoform, are you able to check with your teams if you have any plans to support the Humax Aura 4K DVR with Android TV?

Thanks!

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was advised by a human support person that now TV was available as well. I was hoping it would support the boost add-on

RoyB
Legend

@Pmx 

Thanks for that.

Does that mean that the Store might, in principle at least, carry several copies of a given app, each set to download only on certain devices?

Or are you still offered only one instance of each app, apparently, but it selects from several according to the target of the download?

Or will NowTV have to modify their single copy of their app, currently set only to work with Sony TVs, if they don’t want it to fail to work with the Aura?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Pmx
Advocate

@RoyB 

It's possible to have multiple versions of the same app targeted to different hardware etc. So they could theoretically do either 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just set up my Aura and one of the first apps that I noted it had downloaded and installed was the NowTV app.  I've been excited to get this (the 2TB version) for a month or so after the excellent EETV box has started to tire a little.

However, when I fired it up it said it was not supported on this device!

Not a problem for me as I'll merrily Chromecast NowTV to the Aura, but would be good to have it usable via the remote.  Perhaps an uninstall / reinstall from the Aura's view of the Play Store will work for me.  Also a little annoying that the Platy Store app for the Aura itself doesn't seem to be available yet (at least for my phone) but I'm sure that will come.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

EE TV is due to end NowTV support at end of month as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, that was part of my leaving the EETV service too.  It already fails to start films in the place you'd left, the search has stopped working too, so we've got into the habit of using a Chromecast dongle to play NowTV stuff anyway.

The problem was that EETV is ending in March next year so I needed a new digibox anyway, and I was lured in by the Aura as it looked like the first "new" thing in the market place for a while.  Added to that I'm an Android user through and through and the purchase was unavoidable!!  It just arrived today, pretty pleased with what I've seen so far.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've returned my Aura, the box just is not ready yet with the features I want.

I will continue to use my BT UHD Youview box that I got off eBay, has more steaming services available at this time I use.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, you don’t want something that is really just vapourware ☁️☁️☁️

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV won't even cast to the humax aura, it just comes up with error 2100. I have to plug an old chromecast into my TV to watch the rugby. Pretty crap Android app on Samsung galaxy 10 5g and no app on Android TV for Humax Aura. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now TV won't even cast to the humax aura, it just comes up with error 2100. I have to plug an old chromecast into my TV to watch the rugby. Pretty crap Android app on Samsung galaxy 10 5g and no app on Android TV for Humax Aura. 

Hi @Anonymous User 

Now can be casted to the Aura if you make sure the audio setting is that the stereo in the now TV app on your phone. If the audio is set to stereo, then you should successfully be able to cast Now. The lack of 5.1 audio support when casting appears to be an issue with the Aura itself at the moment and is not down to Now themselves as no service I have tried supports 5.1 audio when casting to the Aura.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.