cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Humax Aura 4k with Android TV - Now TV app support?

Hello NowTV,

After you recently provided support for the Sony Android TV platoform, are you able to check with your teams if you have any plans to support the Humax Aura 4K DVR with Android TV?

Thanks!

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All being well I should have my Humax Aura delivered today, so I’ll report back on how it performs and availability. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Cheers. I would be particularly interested to know if it is slow or speedy, and also if the ability to set remote recordings, from outside the range of your WiFi, is real.

(You can test the latter, without breaking lockdown, by switching the WiFi off on your phone and just using cellular).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have received my Aura today and the NowTV app does not work despite assurances by Humax Support.

When I try to load NowTV I get 'NOW TV is not supported on this device', even though I can download the app to the box.

I have reached out to Humax support and will await their response, I'll update when I have further information.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Probably just a crossed wire somewhere as they do advertise on the humax website that NowTV and BT Sport are supported. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I hope so too as it is one of the reasons I purchased the device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just like the new Chromecast with Google TV then. Apart from they've now hidden the app in the store as when it was available we were also presented with the same message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah understood, but Humax support said earlier this week in an email to me that the Humax Aura box would receive full now tv app support. 

I’m therefore awaiting feedback from Humax support on this matter, I’ll update when I receive it. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I suggest you retch out to NowTV Support as well. They will have been the ones who put the app in the Store, and no doubt it’s the version that checks to see if it is on a Sony YouView TV and won’t work otherwise.

As I said above, such an arrangement is a very bad idea that flies in the face of everything that the Android Store stands for, and this just demonstrates that further.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Pmx
Advocate

@RoyB 

You're misunderstanding how the play store works. Every single app uploaded to it can be set to be available to download or not on whichever devices the developer wishes. 

That could be for either compatibility, commercial or any other reason. This is why, for instance, the now tv app is available on (some?) Sony Android TV's and not the multitude of other Android TV devices, such as the Nvidia shield.

So, there's no guarantee that it'll be available in the near (or long) term on the aura. We'll have to just wait and see.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m not misunderstanding anything, I know how the play store works as I’ve had a Sony Android TV since 2015, I know some apps are not available on certain devices. 

My point is I contacted Humax support and their feedback was “I'm happy to say that the full NowTV application is supported on our device.”

I contacted NowTV and just got the usual check out the devices page...

I have also contacted Humax support given their initial feedback, I’ll await their response.