cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I watch the Oscars

Hi there, 

I know there is already a thread about the Oscars but  I couldn't see a way to add to it. 

We are able to watch the Oscars but for 2 years I've tried and failed. 

When I go into Now TV, my only options are Search, Highlights, Genres and My Account. I have a Sky cinema pass. How do I find the Oscars? I have no TV channels as options at all.....

If I choose Highlights, I then have an option for Oscars Collection and then 122 films are there. Is this where it will appear as a ceremony just before the ceremony happens?!

Thank you for your help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you have a YouView box where the NowTV App provides on demand movies only with no live Sky Cinema channels Smiley Sad

Based on what happend last year ( if my memory serves me right) the Oscars was broadcasted live first on the live Sky Cinema Channel dedicated to the Oscars (which doesn't help you with a YouView box) then there was a repeat in the evening again on the live Sky Cinema Oscar channel.

So if you want to watch it live in real time from start to finish then a YouView box will not be suitable and you may have to look at other nowtv supported devices. 

Then i know for about 7 days the Oscars was added to NowTV catch up using a Entertainment Pass (again no help to you using a YouView box) and i can't remember to be honest if there was also an option for 7 day catch up using a Cinema Pass.

Also i can't remember if the 7 day catch up was the full Oscars event or a water down highlights version of the Oscars lasting about 2 hours.

Hopefully somebody from the NowTV Team can help answering your question in full ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like you have a YouView box where the NowTV App provides on demand movies only with no live Sky Cinema channels Smiley Sad

Based on what happend last year ( if my memory serves me right) the Oscars was broadcasted live first on the live Sky Cinema Channel dedicated to the Oscars (which doesn't help you with a YouView box) then there was a repeat in the evening again on the live Sky Cinema Oscar channel.

So if you want to watch it live in real time from start to finish then a YouView box will not be suitable and you may have to look at other nowtv supported devices. 

Then i know for about 7 days the Oscars was added to NowTV catch up using a Entertainment Pass (again no help to you using a YouView box) and i can't remember to be honest if there was also an option for 7 day catch up using a Cinema Pass.

Also i can't remember if the 7 day catch up was the full Oscars event or a water down highlights version of the Oscars lasting about 2 hours.

Hopefully somebody from the NowTV Team can help answering your question in full ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for me taking the time! That explains it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem exactly 😞 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doesnt look like we can watch it unfortunately! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

I know this doesn't help if you want to watch the Oscars live with a Youview box (unless you have another supported device from the help guide linked below).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Where NowTV over on their Twitter feed have said that the Oscars will be on catchup within 24hrs sometime on Monday with a cinema pass.

Hopefully you have got another device if you want to watch it live (fingers crossed).