cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I record SkySports?

Hi all,  I have a Samsung Smart TV and a BT set top box.  Both the STB and the TV have the Now app.
I want to watch the Liverpool/Man City game today so have bought a 1 day pass and this seems to have come through OK as I can watch the SkySports channel OK (surprised they dump advertisments on a paid service but hey ho different question I guess).  

Kick off is (I think ) 4:30 but I won't be home unto 5:30 so I need to record it but I can't see any option for recording/scheduling. Indeed I can only see what's currently playing and what is up next - not something later (or earlier) in the day.

Any ideas?  Is it possible to watch later or is it only watch live?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unless you are a BT TV customer with the NOW bolt on Sky Sports package paid directly to BT, then you won't be able to record anything related to NOW.

if you don't subscribe to BT TV, then your only option is to wait until the match is added to NOW Sports on Demand and can take 24 hours to be added to the NOW service.

Or watch on a repeat broadcast which checking the Sky + App on my phone is 3.15am Monday morning or 11.15 am 😡.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unless you are a BT TV customer with the NOW bolt on Sky Sports package paid directly to BT, then you won't be able to record anything related to NOW.

if you don't subscribe to BT TV, then your only option is to wait until the match is added to NOW Sports on Demand and can take 24 hours to be added to the NOW service.

Or watch on a repeat broadcast which checking the Sky + App on my phone is 3.15am Monday morning or 11.15 am 😡.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back schnapps - and so quickly.

I've tried lots of things but only seem to be able to watch a live stream.  I'm really surprised that I can stream with a 1 hour delay.  

I've been it touch with BT and they want me to upgrade my TV package (which is already damn expensive) AND agree a 2 year contract before they'll let me watch SkySports on their Now app.  SO BT seems to be out of the question.

The 1 day pass is £12 - can't believe that it is so expensive for live streaming only ....   WOW.  But I think you're probably right.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This linked NOW article below confirms only BT TV customers can record live content from the BT TV Guide on a BT Youview box with a recording feature.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-features 

Apart from watching a repeat broadcast or NOW Sports on Demand i don't know of another way (using the NOW service).

If it was me i would ask NOW live chat for a refund and watch the highlights on MOTD tonight (though i do watch Premier League football, i am more into other Sports).

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Even if you are a BT TV customer, you can only record from Now if you bought your Sports Membership through BT, and not directly from Now.

And even then, you can only record from the relevant BT channel in the EPG of your YouView box, and not from the Now app, on the YouView box or anywhere else.

Does this explain why you couldn’t record it, or did you meet all the criteria above? In the latter case, you can telephone BT TV streaming support (not Now) to discuss this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi RoyB

Thank you for getting back - I write this for completeness  - in case anyone else has the same issue.

You are absolutely right. BT won't allow me to stream NowTV sports through my BT box unless I 'upgrade' my current package. This means that I can't record or rewind through BT.  I couldn't buy the day pass without upgrading and I couldn't upgrade without a new 24 month contract and more money

I have the NowTV app installed on my TV directly and this DOES work with the 1 day pass but there is no way to schedule, record or rewind so it only works for live viewing.  As I wanted to watch the match which started at 4:30 and I didn't get home until after 6:00 it did cost me > £10 for the last 10 minutes of the match.  Not what I had expected and 'disappointing' but it is what it is and I can't fight it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am wondering if you could help me. I payed for a month because I wanted to Watch City v Liverpool match and they had offer on. I couldn't watch the match except through my fingers every few mins because I was so nervous. So now I know that we didn't get beat I had planned to watch it tonight on demand. Anyway it's not there as far as I can see. So how long does it usually take to go onto demand?

Thank you.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s usually up to 72 hours after they get added. 

@Izzie-T  any idea when the particular game will be available for @Anonymous User ?

Man City v Liverpool

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for reply. 3 days seems a long time to wait. How long are they available to watch for?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Man City v Liverpool match on NOW Sports on Demand was added during the early hours of this morning when i checked the NOW App on my smartphone.