cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hayu

I have a subscription with Hayu but can’t view it on my Panasonic smart tv (not so smart obv). Can you not log in through NowTv stick? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you subscribe Hayu via NOW or via Hayu website ?

You can only use the Hayu on the NOW Stick or via the NOW App on any NOW supported playback device if you have subscribed directly from NOW.

Have a read of this

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hayu-membership 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you subscribe Hayu via NOW or via Hayu website ?

You can only use the Hayu on the NOW Stick or via the NOW App on any NOW supported playback device if you have subscribed directly from NOW.

Have a read of this

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hayu-membership 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back to me. I did it through website. What a bummer 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thought that might be the case.

On the NOW link that i posted, there is a link to the Hayu website supported devices and see if you have a playback device that has the dedicated Hayu App on it (not NOW App).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you. I can watch on all devices, and tv in bedroom - just not on the
Panasonic. Although I can get the website, just can’t sign in 🤷‍♀️ ##-
Please type your reply above this line -##
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's a shame you haven't got either a full blown Roku Player or Amazon Fire Stick, where i believe the dedicated Hayu App is available on these devices.

I don't know how long the subscription you have directly with Hayu or the price they charge or if the content is slightly different because i have never used Hayu myself.

But maybe consider cancelling the Hayu subscription directly with Hayu and taking out a free 7 day Hayu Membership with NOW (if you haven't used the trial previously) making sure you cancel the free trial a couple of days before the 7 days are up.

You will then be able to watch Hayu with your NOW Hayu Membership on the NOW Stick.

Hopefully you have a suitable playback device with a dedicated Hayu App on it to keep using your Hayu subscription directly via Hayu themselves.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it's only the Panasonic TV that doesn't have the dedicated Hayu App using the Hayu subscription directly from Hayu.

Then maybe consider a cheap Amazon Fire Stick or full blown Roku streamer when using the Panasonic TV and keep subscribing to Hayu direct.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great suggestions. Thanks very much for your help! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You don’t need any other membership with NOW if you only wanted the Hayu membership.

You can subscribe to any TV membership that NOW offers which includes Hayu. The entertainment, cinema or sports don’t need to be taken out to get Hayu.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Oh ok! Don’t know why I thought I couldn’t access if no subscription! 🤦‍♀️