cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have app on TV but can't download it :(

I have a brand new Samsung UE55LS003AU ("The Frame") but every time I try to down load it says "Unable to connect to Samsung server. Please try again later (AS415)"

Samsung chat were about as useful as a chocolate teapot although they have managed to download NowTV before on another Samsung TV (EU32M5500) but couldn't get it onto the home menu.

What to do?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This problem has been solved by Samsung. It was a long hard slog with many chat sessions and phone calls - which in the end were just repeating over and over again exactly what had been tried before and hadn't worked. One agent, Anjay, solved it by changing countries to USA then changing it back to UK. He says that it has to be done at their end and wouldn't work if I did it. The bummer is that I knew it could be done as an agent had done it before on another TV (same model) but that I no longer have. Would they let me speak to him? Hell no! Hours wasted. 😞 

NowTV gave me lots of incorrect advice even to say  that the TVs were not compatable and/or I can't watch NowTV in the Channel Islands. Some agents were even a bit narky with me (same at Samsung when I refused to reset my modem/router/hub yet again!)

Never did find out what the AS415 error meant. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Out of curiosity are you based in Eire by any chance ?

Where the Samsung M series TV's support the NowTV App where according to this help article the L series is not currently supported in Ireland only the UK at the moment.

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/get-now-tv-on-my-device#panelcollapse4

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, not Eire but Jersey Channel Islands which can prove to be a bit tricky sometimes as not all providers reconise us as part of the UK for TV. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The linked help guide in my previous post mentioned the error message AS415 where it says try resetting your Router and try downloading the App again.

I am guessing you are not using a VPN which is causing the download problem from the Samsung servers ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No not using a VPN. 

Love this situation - NowTV say talk to Samsung. Samsung say talk to NowTV.

I also know that there is at least one operator at Samsung (Louis) who knows how to partly sort this. He can get it downloaded but not into the home Menu. But am I allowed to chat to hi? Hell no! grrrr!!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

No not using a VPN. 

Love this situation - NowTV say talk to Samsung. Samsung say talk to NowTV.

I also know that there is at least one operator at Samsung (Louis) who knows how to partly sort this. He can get it downloaded but not into the home Menu. But am I allowed to chat to hi? Hell no! grrrr!!

Hi @Anonymous User

the only thing I can suggest is that you submit a support request using the link below

https://account.nowtv.com/payments/query/

After you've clicked the link press "there was a technical issue or something went wrong" and then fill in the form. Try to be as detailed as you can about the issue and tell them what steps you have already tried to resolve it.

You mention that you're in Jersey, but I don't think that should be an issue because I believe  Jersey should be classed as part of the UK

I hope you get it sorted Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Possible it could be down to how Samsung class Jersey. There was an issue a while back (might still be an issue)'with Roku devices where Roku classed Channel Islands as 'rest of world' rather than UK and so, even though NOW TV as a service is available in UK, Roku owners there didn't have access to the app in the App Store.

However I agree not much you can do other than report to NOW TV and let them try and sort it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This problem has been solved by Samsung. It was a long hard slog with many chat sessions and phone calls - which in the end were just repeating over and over again exactly what had been tried before and hadn't worked. One agent, Anjay, solved it by changing countries to USA then changing it back to UK. He says that it has to be done at their end and wouldn't work if I did it. The bummer is that I knew it could be done as an agent had done it before on another TV (same model) but that I no longer have. Would they let me speak to him? Hell no! Hours wasted. 😞 

NowTV gave me lots of incorrect advice even to say  that the TVs were not compatable and/or I can't watch NowTV in the Channel Islands. Some agents were even a bit narky with me (same at Samsung when I refused to reset my modem/router/hub yet again!)

Never did find out what the AS415 error meant. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been going nuts trying to get the NowTV app downloaded on this stupid tv (KS9500)! I found this post and thought to try change the region myself...

I have sucefully changed it myself and this is how I did it:

1) Open the settings menu, work your way down to ‘Support’ then ‘Self-diagnosis’ and finally ‘Reset Smart Hub’ - my default pin was 0000.

2) Once reset, close the settings menu and try open an app (push the home menu, then ‘apps’ - it will tell you, you need to agree to t&c’s).

3) When you are at the ‘Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy’ page WAIT. Push, in sequence: MUTE... VOLUME UP... CHANNEL UP... MUTE.

4) Select a different country (I changed mine to USA, then back to UK)

this reset all apps and the NowTV app installed itself!

sorted 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You beaut! I have been trying to do this for a year. Numerous calls, yarda yarda and this is the solution. Awesome. Just in time for f1