cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have app on TV but can't download it :(

I have a brand new Samsung UE55LS003AU ("The Frame") but every time I try to down load it says "Unable to connect to Samsung server. Please try again later (AS415)"

Samsung chat were about as useful as a chocolate teapot although they have managed to download NowTV before on another Samsung TV (EU32M5500) but couldn't get it onto the home menu.

What to do?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This problem has been solved by Samsung. It was a long hard slog with many chat sessions and phone calls - which in the end were just repeating over and over again exactly what had been tried before and hadn't worked. One agent, Anjay, solved it by changing countries to USA then changing it back to UK. He says that it has to be done at their end and wouldn't work if I did it. The bummer is that I knew it could be done as an agent had done it before on another TV (same model) but that I no longer have. Would they let me speak to him? Hell no! Hours wasted. 😞 

NowTV gave me lots of incorrect advice even to say  that the TVs were not compatable and/or I can't watch NowTV in the Channel Islands. Some agents were even a bit narky with me (same at Samsung when I refused to reset my modem/router/hub yet again!)

Never did find out what the AS415 error meant. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow this took me an age to find.  But it works!  Exactly the same issue as OP.  In Jersey and kept getting "unable to connect to the samsung server" when attempting to install NowTV on a recent (2019) Samsung Smart TV.  The problem was country and the fix was as in the previous post.

1. Reset the Smart Hub

2. When attempting to start an app and presented with the new t's & c's page do Mute -> Volume Up -> Channel Up -> Mute

3. Select a different country (e.g. USA)

4. Repeat steps 1. and 2.

5. Select UK (IMPORTANT: DO NOT select Jersey here or NowTV won't be available)

After that it's the usual process of accepting t's & c's, signing in to your Samsung account and searching/installing NowTV.  And signing in to everything else again...

Why does it have to be so painful?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How did you change to USA and Back to UK?  Also on the Channel Islands and having the same issue.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you manage to get NowTV onto the home menu?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep 😉 Installed as soon as I opened the home menu 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try and re-scan you rota! Turn off you system, wait a few minutes, then turn back on, that should work!