cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting simultaneous streams error message when I'm not actually watching any streams

I am having the following issue whilst trying to connect using my android phone/tablet thru Chromecast, therefore I'm not really sure where to post this (i.e. is the problem Now, Chromecast or Android related).  The message I am getting is:

'You've reached the maximum number of simultaneous streams on your account. To watch NOW TV on this device, please stop watching on one of your other devices.'

I've seen this error message on other problems when searching the boards, but none of them relate to my issue.  My issue is I can no longer watch Now TV at all on Chromecast, as both devices I connect thru are giving the same error message as above.  The only thing I could think to do was to totally wipe NOW off both my tablet and mobile and re-install that app.  That has had no effect.  So there we go, being told I'm watching simultaneous streams wehrreas in fact I'm watching none.  I've had a look through the forums and the help messages, but none of those actually give me a solution to solve the issue.

Anybody any ideas?

TIA

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having same issue with Apple TV and Now box only allowing 1 stream
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still the same thing after getting them to wipe my devices off my account and re adding them !!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

We have seen an increase in this error over the last few days.

It is being looked at by our tech team and we will be updating the post found here when we have an update.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-white/Concurrency-issue-error-10021/td-p/406340/page/6

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting this on a number of devices, frustrating.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do you have boost?

Otherwise it can take up to 10 minutes for the “device” to be inactive.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

My boost expired last night at about 10:40pm and this morning I am getting this message when I try to watch.  There are NO devices currently streaming.  I have reset password, done manage permissions and logged in and out of app on fire stick.  Is there anything else I can do?

starman73
Elite

Contacted chat and got a device reset which rectified the issue.