Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Geo blocked uk

1301  error when trying to watch stuff on my apple tv 

Im based in uk and not had any problem before

What can I do to fix this tried turning the router off and leaving off for 5minutes which a few people seem to mention works but doesnt work

also do you know you cant contact anyone on your site its just pushes you to help and then shows the topic on contacting and say click a button that doesnt exist on your site

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm being geo-blocked as of this week.

All my internet traffic (work and private) goes over either a VPN router of VPN software client (it's company policy for working at home).

The VPN servers for private traffic are in the UK, I can choose between half a dozen if one of them is sluggish or down.

NowTV been working for about a year, no problems, but as of this week, I get "You are connecting to NOW TV in a region that is not supported" on the NowTV box as soon as I select to watch a program on Entertainment or Movies. Equivalent service refusal with the NowTV iPad app (no difference whether connected to VPN router or using OpenVPN client). Tried all the usual restarts/resets and checked routing tables haven't been skewed.

No other streaming service (Sky Sports mobile, Eurosport Player UK) has  a problem. Just NowTV has changed something this week.

If I jump the VPN and connect directly to my BT Infinity hub, everything works, but that is not a permanent solution.

If someone from NowTV support can confirm there has been a change, at least I'll know where I stand.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

If someone from NowTV support can confirm there has been a change, at least I'll know where I stand... 

Hi @Anonymous User,

NOW TV don't support the use of VPN's. They never have. And pro-actively disable access to their service to anyone using them. Even if the are based within the UK.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

If someone from NowTV support can confirm there has been a change, at least I'll know where I stand... 

Hi @Anonymous User,

NOW TV don't support the use of VPN's. They never have. And pro-actively disable access to their service to anyone using them. Even if the are based within the UK.

Cheers

Thanks for the info!  I get the same message by googling the problem, but for some reason everything worked for me until this week. Anyway, I never expected NowTV to support VPN, just not to get in the way of folks who use state-of-the art security and know what they're doing.

I don't know how NowTV expects us to use our mobile devices when staying in hotels. Over unsecure hotel wifi without VPN security? Surely not.

I got my helpful ISP to check. It really is NowTV blocking.

I've cancelled Cinema and Entertainment; Sports was weekly, so not auto-renewing.

But happy to renew if NowTV network engineers can see common sense and put back what thy've broken.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've cancelled Cinema and Entertainment; Sports was weekly, so not auto-renewing.

But happy to renew if NowTV network engineers can see common sense and put back what thy've broken.

As VPN's are being used as a primary tool to provide illegal access to NOW TV content to people who are not resident within the UK, I can't see your wish coming true anytime soon.