cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Full NOW TV Service to be available on BT TV YouView box from early 2019

Just in case anyone missed the news this morning:

"BT today announced a multi-year agency deal for BT to market and sell Sky’s NOW TV service to BT TV customers. NOW TV offers Sky’s most popular content, including Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and the Sky Atlantic channel.

Sky will make the full NOW TV service available on BT TV’s set top box and BT will be able to sell subscriptions to NOW TV’s great passes directly to BT customers.

BT customers will be able to watch Sky content as part of their BT TV subscription.

At the same time, BT has agreed to wholesale its BT Sport channels to Sky, allowing Sky to sell these channels directly to Sky satellite customers. The BT Sport channels include exclusively live UEFA Champions League and Premier League football. This will mean that satellite customers will be able to buy BT Sport from Sky as well as from BT.

The agreement brings to a successful conclusion negotiations that have been on and off for a number of years.

The agreement demonstrates the importance that BT places on sport, and enables BT Sport to reach a new audience.

Currently, BT TV customers can only buy Sky Sports Main Event as a bolt-on to their TV service for £27.50 per month, and are not able to choose from the full range of Sky Sports channels. As a result of this agreement, BT TV customers will be able to take all eleven Sky Sports channels, as well as a NOW TV Entertainment pass offering great channels including Sky Living, Sky One and Sky Atlantic, which also offers box sets including Game of Thrones, Big Little Lies and Billions. BT customers will be able to buy all of this in competitively priced bundles with BT TV.

It's expected that these new services will be available to customers from early 2019."

No mention of availability of the full service for Plusnet or Retail YouView box owners, although it may filter down to Plusnet users as they are owned by BT. 

Link to story: BT and Sky agree to show their TV channels on each other’s platforms

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it not recogniing your login details? Do you have the movies pass? Entertainment and Sports won't be available on the NowTV app via Youview until next year. Only Movies are on there for now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi is there any more updates to when this is rolling out??

I’m eager to use for when game of thrones starts again in May and I hate switching over to my tv app for now tv entertainment:(

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi is there any more updates to when this is rolling out??

I’m eager to use for when game of thrones starts again in May and I hate switching over to my tv app for now tv entertainment:(

As it has been promised to be ready in time for the new football season beginning in August most people are guessing it won't arrive until possibly July or August.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/get-bt-sport-on-sky

This confirms that it should be mid 2019. So I’d agree that it could be July time. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The real draw to taking NowTV via the BT Youview platform is that the channels will be recordable on the BT boxes https://community.bt.com/t5/TV-Content-including-BT-Sport/NOW-TV-to-be-recordable-on-BT-TV-boxes/td-...

Today it was confirmed that customers will be able to record Now TV content, with the feature also going live in time for the 2019/20 Premier League season

https://advanced-television.com/2018/10/31/sky-bt-extend-content-deal/

The partnership also means BT TV customers will be able to record their favourite NOW TV content, all in time for the 2019/20 UK Premier League football season as an integrated part of the BT TV platform.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As a BT TV customer I am still waiting for action on the supposed upgrade of NOW TV on youview boxes to include Entertainment and Live TV, as per previous press releases, but I guess that is more likely to be rolled out prior to next season's premier league to milk more cash out of viewers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any updates ? Still waiting for entertainment on my BT youview.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What’s the deal?? Football starts soon and still no update to the bt youview now tv app. Where’s entertainment etc???

RoyB
Legend

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7605334/now-tv-on-bt

(Goodbye and Dreamtime are trolls, and you may safely ignore most of what they say.

YouView’s reluctance to remove them is why I don’t post on the YouView Community any more.)

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.