cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freezing and glitchy picture

Twice now watching sky sports on now tv via LG smart TV I have had the same issue. The picture freezes and stops and then in a few seconds it's briefly is ok again before it freezes again. It's SO annoying ! The only fix is to turn the TV or app off and on again and that can take ages. And even then it can happen again.

Help me please ?!
16 REPLIES 16
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now to App is version 2.13.3

TV is a 32ls570t-zb

Lg tv has current version 04.62.12 software ( I have updated just now so don't know if this is the solution yet or not)

There are no VPN and I have a fast virgin city based wired Ethernet connection

I haven't rebooted the router yet

Many thanks- any suggestions very welcome

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

TV is a 32ls570t-zb

Lg tv has current version 04.62.12 software ( I have updated just now so don't know if this is the solution yet or not)

@Anonymous User

Hi

Sorry for the late reply

Heres some of the steps to try for this

Update the Software

1. Press the Menu or Settings button on the LG remote control.
  2. Scroll down to Support (usually the last option in the menu - a question mark).
  3. Select Software Update then Check Version.
  4. Ask the customer to check the version number then perform any updates necessary.
  5. Switch off the device from the remote control after any update is performed.
  6. Turn the device back on and repeat the steps 1-4 to make sure the device cache is updated.

Initialisation of premium content

To make sure the app hasn't become corrupted:

1. Press the Home / Smart button on the LG remote control.
  2. Scroll down to Support (usually the last option in the menu - a question mark).
  3. Select Initialisation of Premium and press OK when prompted.

Refresh the Internet connection

1. Press the Menu or Settings button on the LG remote control.
  2. Scroll down to the Network option (the icon that looks like a globe with a plane flying around it).
  3. Select Network Connection and then Start Connection.
  4. Follow the steps to reconnect to the network.
  5. If the customer can connect through a wired connection, ask them to try this as well.

Let us know how you get on with these

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is actually happening to me too while watching the darts. I'm using a Now TV smart box. I've been having sound drop outs, restarting the stream sorts it out for a while.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

With repect @Anonymous User,

Watching Now TV content on a 'smart box' is very different to watching Now TV on an LG television using its in-built Now TV app!

If you're having image quality issues with your 'smart box', please submit your complaints within the dedicated NOW TV Smart Box section of the forum.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

With respect!

I'm very aware that the LG app and "smart box" are very different. However, I was thinking maybe there is an issue with the stream at their end. I wasn't suggesting by restarting the stream on the "smart box" would also solve everybody's problem!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV is a 32ls570t-zb

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm struggling with this too trying to watch sky channels on the entertainment pass. Router reset, factory reset, initialisation of premium and initialisation of app have all failed to fix this.

If you find a solution please can you let me know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this issue has cropped up with me as well,  now tv app been used for last 2 years on this tv no probelm - now its freezing at random times but usually about 5 times in 40 min period. this is on the sports channels.  Software is on autoupdate so that is in order - have reinstated the apps and a factory rest on the tv - wifi reset and still this issue continues - Now tv do you have any answers to why this is happening please

Cam