cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview channels

Hi everyone new here and just purchased a now tv box with freeview I can pick up the channels but they are very pixelated anyone have any suggestions how to rectify this issue 😁

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What's the Freeview signal like if you plug the TV aerial directly into the back of the TV (assuming your TV has an inbuilt tuner).

Also use this website in the link below to double check if there is no issues with the TV transmitters or relays in your regional area.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management/planned-engineering-works 

If using a TV Y splitter on the Freeview Smart box, try removing it.

Some NOW Freeview Smart box users in the past had some success also adding a Y splitter where it would pick up more than one transmitter and when asked which region try both.

You could try another factory reset by holding in the small reset button on the bottom of the NOW Freeview Smart box for around 20 seconds and start from scratch again including re-scanning the TV Freeview channels.

If you are going to factory reset the box and already subscribe to a NOW TV Membership, then make sure you use your existing account details when prompted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you for your reply I have now resolved the issue it was the extension kit I bought from the range the cable was split should have returned it but I had already cut it now I'm picking up 111 freeview channels 😁