cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Firestick app - frame rate matching?

Hi all, just wondered if it’s a bug in the app or firestick itself. However, even with frame rate matching set to on, the now tv app plays at 60hz instead of its native 50hz. 

amazon and bt sport apps automatically change their refresh rates to the correct one. Why is now tv not doing the same?

I get that some people won’t notice. However, I have a q90t which doesn’t handle 50hz streams into 60hz very well so end up with lots of judder/stutter. 

The roku Now app automatically adjusts the display for the app so was hoping firestick would do the same. 

I know I can manually change the settings in firestick but then I have to keep changing settings when I want to watch different apps. Unless there is a way to force certain apps like Now to display at 50hz?

thanks everyone. 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

From my understanding the "Match Frame Rate" function doesn't work on every App on the Fire Stick.

Unfortunately the NOW App is in this bracket, though i would like to see it implemented by NOW myself.

Maybe drop NOW an email asking for this functionality on their App using the Amazon Fire devices.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Like everybody else i need to force 50hz on my Amazon 4K Fire Stick to watch NOW Sports with my Boost Membership which is a pain in the backside.

My Roku Stick Plus does a great job over the NOW App with the Auto frame rate adjustment.

The problem i am getting with my Amazon 4K Fire Stick is that i am seeing annoying random micro stuttering even on 50hz which is getting on my nerves (see my posts in this linked thread below).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Everything-Sports/Amazon-4K-Fire-Stick-NOW-App-Watching-Sports-Micro-Stuttering/m-p/556272 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can we get a fix for this please on Firestick?

we are paying extra for the boost service to receive 50fps on sports but then having to force refresh rate everytime we want to watch it.

BT sports implement this perfectly so come on NowTV stop being lazy.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Good luck with that.

Apple TV users who pay for boost haven't been getting 5.1 sound and its now coming up to a year since they launched it.

The apps been updated several times over the last 12 months and yet each time the tricky technical achievement of activating 5.1 seems to elude them - unless of course you notice that they manage it on the live streams in the app... just not on demand.  Mysterious eh.

Now seem quite happy to take money for boost and yet depending on your platform they feel its fine to miss out boost features arbitrarily.

Today I am cancelling my boost pass.  I refuse out of principle to pay when they are quite capable of supporting the full feature set yet for some reason choose not to.