cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Victor-M
Mentor

Fire stick streaming quality indicator

When I first used the Now app on my Amazon Fire stick a couple of weeks ago I was able to show the streaming quality (8000). However it seems the app has updated and I can't work out how to show this indicator again. If I press the centre, up, down, left or right buttons on the Fire stick remote it brings up the tv guide. I have tried long-holding each of these buttons down and also using all of the buttons in differing configurations. Nothing seems to work.

I also haven't been able to work out how to get the 'red button' options. I believe these should show below the tv guide but haven't seen anything yet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Victor-M 

Here's some instructions how to reach NOW Bonus Sports Streams.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Everything-Sports/Can-t-Find-Bonus-Sports-Streams-Help-Instructions-H... 

There is a game on tomorrow night on Bonus Streams if you want to test my instructions out.

With regards to the streaming quality indicator for me, since a recent update it's missing on both my Amazon Fire Stick and Youview box where it was there previously before by pressing the up button on the Fire Stick remote and pressing the info button on the Youview box remote.

Victor-M
Mentor

Thank you for your incredibly quick reply. I'll give your recommendation a go. Pity about the streaming indicator. Although I can see the picture quality it's reassuring to be able to get confirmation with the number.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Victor-M 

I think the streaming quality indicator on the NOW supported playback devices that has this feature was definitely there on either Friday or Saturday when I checked, but when I tried it again on both my Amazon Fire Stick and Youview box on Sunday it lost this feature.

Hopefully it's a glitch and NOW haven't decided to get rid of it.

Victor-M
Mentor

I agree. Without this I can imagine it will make reporting of quality issues quite difficult.