cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malunowtv
Advocate

Fire TV Cube app stopped working

I have an Amazon Fire TV Cube and had been happy using the Now app on it since I bought it.

Since the start of this year though, when I try to open the app I just get a blank screen.

First I tried clearing the app cache, but this didn't make any difference.  So I decided to simply uninstall it and reinstall, thinking this would solve the problem.  Unfortunately it hasn't, I still get a blank screen when I try to open the app.

It's not an issue of having already reached the maximum number of registered devices, and there's never a time when more than 2 people are watching on my account, so this shouldn't be an issue either.

I also have a Roku Express stick where the app still works fine, but this is a back-up device really that I only usually use when I go away as it's small.  I prefer to use the app on my Fire TV as everything else is there, it's slicker in general, faster and easier to navigate around, not to mention it's better to only need one remote control. 

Don't know if it's an issue but my TV is a fairly old Samsung from about 2012. 

I've been forced to add labels to this post, but there aren't any appearing for Amazon Fire devices as far as I can see, so apologies if this pops up in the wrong places!

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @malunowtv 

No problem with the NOW App on my Amazon Fire Stick 4K.

Maybe go into the Fire Cube settings and play around with it's Display Settings.

I don't own a fire cube, but have you tried a different HDMI cable on your Samsung TV and different HDMI port on the television.

If using a VPN or Adblocking software on your Router disable it and maybe try the Google DNS server on your Fire Cube.

Also if you have a spare television in the home, temporary test the fire cube on it when using the NOW App.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @malunowtv 

If you want to go through the hassle of factory resetting the Fire Cube, you could try that if nothing else helps (no idea if the hassle of going through a factory reset will solve the NOW App blank screen issue or not).

malunowtv
Advocate

@schnapps  Thanks, I can try the cube on a different TV, but seeing as literally every other app works just fine, I'm not sure it's an issue with the settings or HDMI cable.  And it was working perfectly well for months up until some time between Christmas and last weekend.  I'm not using any VPN or Adblocking software on my router.

@gavs82008 Fairly sure I checked this when the issue first arose, but it's worth double-checking, thanks.  It might be as simple as that - hope so anyway!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @malunowtv 

You could try typing something like Fire Cube NOW App won't load or something along those lines in the Community search box to see if anybody has come across this before.

Perhaps Fire Cube owners can confirm their NOW App is opening and running fine or they are encountering a similar problem.

Otherwise you could try NOW live chat to see if they are aware of it and know of a fix.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@malunowtv 

Is there a software update required to the Cube? 
As I know Amazon apps stop working unless the software is fully updated.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help