cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fire Cube NowTV App unavailable?

Hi. I’ve just subscribed thinking my Fire Cube would definitely have the app and yet it’s nowhere to be seen.

it’s also nowhere to be seen as an app on my Virgin box either. 

I have an old Sony Bravia smart TV and that doesn’t have it either. I even went via the Fire Cube to the Internet, managed to  log into my account and it wouldn’t let me view there either, but said I needed to download the app. Went to download the app and it said the app is ‘unavailable’!!

Can anyone help me get connected on my TV? I feel like I’m going mad here!!

31 REPLIES 31
RBZ
Scholar

@gavs82008 

Have you not seen the pitiful response the provided to @Anonymous User back in February? They apparently actually Googled for an answer! 🙄

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RBZ 

Haha yeah just read that just now! Crazy! 

Perhaps you might get a better response, could also complain with the “reply” if they give you the same one?!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I did that and got an email back saying to contact Sky. I did that and they sent a reply saying to contact Now, as in the address you quoted! Hopeless.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Well I would send another complaint because Sky has nothing to do with NOW in terms of their business models are completely different. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The new Now App is available to download on the Fire Cube. I can't find any news about it, but it's definitely available.

Source: me, I downloaded it today. 

RBZ
Scholar

@Anonymous User 

Thanks for that. I suppose only to be expected but still disappointed after the long wait that it doesn't support pause/rewind. Having to keep running the flaky Now Stick in addition to the Cube (swallowing up another HDMI port) just for this is daft. 😠

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RBZ 

Slowly more devices have been added to support this. Recently and shockingly Apple TV got supported for the feature.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-features

You can pause and rewind the live TV channels for up to 30 minutes with any of the NOW devices below: 

• NOW Smart Stick
  • NOW Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search
  • NOW Smart Box with Freeview
  • NOW Box (black) 
  • Apple TV HD (4th gen) or 4K
  • BT TV Box (rewind for up to 2 hours)

As I am patiently waiting for Sony Android TV and Amazon fire sticks to be the supported devices!  

RBZ
Scholar

@gavs82008 

Apple is the only addition there. Now branded products have always supported pause/rewind.

The inclusion of the BT box is questionable as that only (allegedly) works if you pay BT for your Now subscription. If you subscribe direct to Now the function isn't available. I know because I've tried.

It's a shame Now don't care enough about their subscribers to actually participate in their own forum. If they did we'd maybe get a handle on why they can't/won't enable it on apps.

Although having said that, the implementation on their own products is about as basic as you can get & rather flaky. At least it is on the Stick.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RBZ 

That’s why I explicitly mentioned the Apple TV box cause it was indeed the only new device supported of the feature. 

It’s odd to think they have added Sony Android TV and a raft of Amazon devices to the supported NOW app, but not including the live pause feature. 

What I have to say from a personal standpoint is that since Comcast’s takeover of Sky and NOW, things are moving along quicker than what they had previously. Still in the grand scheme of things slow compared to Disney+. 

Would much rather have profiles for NOW over live pause. Either way both would be awesome.

RBZ
Scholar

@gavs82008 

Yes, having "Continue Watching" populated with everyone's content is annoying. More so that there's no way to remove content you're no longer interested in.

Probably the price we pay for being Sky's poor relations!