cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fire Cube NowTV App unavailable?

Hi. I’ve just subscribed thinking my Fire Cube would definitely have the app and yet it’s nowhere to be seen.

it’s also nowhere to be seen as an app on my Virgin box either. 

I have an old Sony Bravia smart TV and that doesn’t have it either. I even went via the Fire Cube to the Internet, managed to  log into my account and it wouldn’t let me view there either, but said I needed to download the app. Went to download the app and it said the app is ‘unavailable’!!

Can anyone help me get connected on my TV? I feel like I’m going mad here!!

31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wish someone from Sky/NowTV would officially confirm when NowTV will be available on the Amazon Fire Cube? I'm going to ditch my NowTV subscription if I don't hear back from them in the next week! There's simply plenty of good TV on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video not to worry about NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I expect it has to do with Alexa integration which the current app doesn’t have but might be required by Amazon before they Approve it on the FireTV Cube. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If your wanting “official” confirmation from Now TV your best to contact customer support, by sending an email.

Address in the below picture.

5342DF62-5ACC-4E55-9E78-E27831DCB31A.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have emailed to ask, but my reply was laughable. They simply told me that they “had looked online” and there was no planned date. Jokers. I don’t know why they thought I’d email them so that could perform a google search. Waste of time. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello everyone, Luca here from Italy. I'm a NOW user in Italy and I think we get the same updates as you. This month NOW was finally available in Fire TV Stick here in Italy so I thought that also the Fire TV Cube would have the app, but unfortunately no. Do you know if there's a release date for the Cube? This is really weird, since the Fire TV Cube is the most powerful Fire TV device...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Definitely hoping the NowTV app appears on the cube soon. Just upgraded from the 4K stick to the cube due to better graphics and processor. Very disappointed to see it's not on there as the LG WebOS app is not great.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a FireTV Box and the app is not available on that. I think we are no longer "early 2021".

RBZ
Scholar

I hoped with last night's update to the user interface that the app would finally appear. Beginning to doubt now it ever will. 🙄

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @RBZ @Anonymous User 

Your best option is to drop customer support an email to see if they have a ETA for it.

And rightly so we are no longer “early 2021”. 

Address is in the below picture.

A73076C8-BF19-4798-B8F5-900A0FDC53C9.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help