cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fire Cube NowTV App unavailable?

Hi. I’ve just subscribed thinking my Fire Cube would definitely have the app and yet it’s nowhere to be seen.

it’s also nowhere to be seen as an app on my Virgin box either. 

I have an old Sony Bravia smart TV and that doesn’t have it either. I even went via the Fire Cube to the Internet, managed to  log into my account and it wouldn’t let me view there either, but said I needed to download the app. Went to download the app and it said the app is ‘unavailable’!!

Can anyone help me get connected on my TV? I feel like I’m going mad here!!

31 REPLIES 31
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To my surprise i was also disappointed that the Fire TV Cube doesn't currently support the native NowTV App.

Here's a list of ways to watch NowTV on this link guide below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

NowTV have mentioned that other Fire TV devices will follow sometime in 2021.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for your reply, but I read that from December 15 this year the fire stick was supported, so I assumed that meant the fire cube too, no??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Nope the Fire TV cube isn't currently supported.

Here's the list. 

Sky-and-Amazon-Table.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your info.

Great 😞 What’s the point in making it fire stick compatible but not cube!??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Guessing it is just a matter of priority get it out to the most common devices, could have something to do with alexa voice search as that is not something enabled in the NowTV App at moment, but least you know it will be coming very soon and that you will get a good platform for NowTV I am glad I picked up my Firestick for certain couldn't put up with AppleTV anymore.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know any hard date release?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I haven’t heard one sorry and doubt one will be announced it will just be released when it’s ready. I expect it will happen when the current app is updated to support voice search

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Unfortunately that is not the case only Firesticks and JVC TV are supported at the moment they have said the Firecube will be supported in the new year. It is a shame as it really is a good app I've been using on my Firestick 4K last week. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have two JVC Fire TV Editions and a Fire TC Cube v2. Latest software. Now TV is not available on any of them! Wish I’d kept my Fire TV Sticks!