cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fallen foul of chromecast trap

I recently gave my old Roku to my son and, having looked at the various devices available went for a Chromecast 2. I had 4 registered devices, unregistered my old Roku and added the NowTV app to my phone. Set something playing and clicked the cast button only to get the devices exceeded error message.

Googled it and was horrified to discover that the Chromecast counts as a device and so you need two free device slots to use it. But then, a solution! Make sure you connect to chromecast before playing the programme/film and the phone won't count as a device I read.

So I removed my phone as a device to reset things. Went to re-add it and aaaaarrgghhhh - maximum changes per month error message. Talk about making things difficult/frustrating.

So now I have no devices to watch with (my children have the other devices and don't live with me).

Soooooooo - how do I get in contact with a customer services agent to reset my changes allowance so I can sort this out?

Cheers.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. 
Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Sounds like you understand how it works now, so once live chat have sorted you, you only need a spare slot for your Chromecast, as long as you always press the cast button in the NOW TV app on your phone before choosing something to watch your phone won't be added as a device. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. 
Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can sort something out for you as a courtesy.

To reach live chat go to the following help page
https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Sounds like you understand how it works now, so once live chat have sorted you, you only need a spare slot for your Chromecast, as long as you always press the cast button in the NOW TV app on your phone before choosing something to watch your phone won't be added as a device.