cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Factory reset on youview, now seen as new device.

I had to do a reset on my Youview box today due to errors, the box is now working again.

I use this device to view movies.

When trying to watch movies on this box i now get a warning that all my devices are taken as i have 4 already.

My box is now being viewed as a new device even though its the same machine already on my list of 4.

I deleted an item to make room for another device and have it working again, but my issue is i have to now reset my other youview box and the same will happen again, but i can`t just delete and add another device for a whole month.

How do i get around this waiting a month?

9 REPLIES 9
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Nicnacnoo,

Yes, ordinarily you are permitted to change one registered device per month, which comes into effect at the beginning of the next new month. However, for 'forced' device limit resetting you will need contact a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Once you have reached the 4 device limit and made the 1 change in the calendar month, then your only option is to speak to NowTV live chat and explain to them what's happened and under their discretion they can free up a device slot for you to make the device amendment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now realised the item i deleted to make room wasn`t the same box, i now have the same youview box listed twice as two devices on one account.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If under Manage My Devices you are showing the same YouView box twice, then you need to speak to live chat explain to them what's happening and ask them to remove one of the duplicated YouView boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have two youview boxes and 3 are listed.

I was trying to avoid customer services.

My biggest concern is why the same box is being seen as a new box and is this going to happen every time i reset my boxes?

Youview have done new updates that basically freeze up their boxes often, and if i reset each time i will have to keep going through this.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Perhaps there is some glitch with Manage My Devices, i would suggest contacting live chat and get one of the duplicated  YouView boxes removed (Hopefully you have either ID them or you know which box on the list of four is the duplicate) and then see what happens in the future if this occurs again should you need to factory reset the boxes.

I would suggest keeping live chat online until you have checked that they have removed the correct duplicate box.

Unfortunately live chat is your only option, unless you get lucky on here where a NowTV Forum Team member picks up your post quickly on the forum where they may be able to assist you.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User why avoid customer service?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Because every time i used them before for other reasons you sit there forever waiting for them to "check your account" and "just a few more moments" etc,etc.

Last time i made a simple error on my email address and spent 40 minutes trying to explain the very simple problem to the customer service agent, who just didn`t have a clue.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Davey

You know, not all customer service agents are dummies, some of them are very good, in fact in all my dealings with them I have only found one who was questionable.

So Davey, don't tar them all with the same brush.

UK Bob