cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Extremely poor picture quality

ukbobboy wrote: @SeeMoreDigital

I may be wrong here but it looks as if its always the guys with high speed fibre connections that seem to have audio-visual quality problems.

From what I'm able to determine, more often than not it's people using (dynamic) WiFi ethernet connections!

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Edwardo2,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you feel that way and that were in anyway trying to stall you or in anyway imply the issue is your fault.

I have to say that as we often watch Game of Thrones during the live broadcast here in the office on an LG TV we've personally not see any issues during fast action. While we do see quality issue it would't be correct to say this is a large majority of our customer base, we know there are customers who see this where their broadband is absolutely fine, this is why we would be asking questions regarding the TV, we go through everything we can first then we would of course take this higher for you.

From what you've described my first thought is it might be something to do with the Trumotion setting on your LG TV - check in the settings if this is on or off - and see if this makes a difference set to off. Do forgive me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
herojan
Regular 4

Hi

I'm not here to deny that anybody is having issues with thier service.

But I would also say that my experience is that when I have had quality issues, it has been a general quality drop lasting for a few minutes, not relating to what type of scene is on the TV. (and I do not see this drop on other NowTV devices I have so it is something specific to using an LG TV).

The service is capable of providing a smooth, high quality picture. Trouble-shooting is always a case of ruling of each possibility until you find the cause of the problem.

I had to turn of tru-motion on my TV (and not just for Now TV sources) to get the best picture for fast scenes, so Simon's suggestion of trying that first is a good one.

If your are currently using wi-fi with your TV and can try out a wired connection then that is also another one to rule-out as the cause.

The two issues above have been seen to cause problems for people, so it makes sense to rule then out first.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

0 Thanks
Champion 5

Andy-S wrote: @Dembo

Have you tried disabling Trumotion on your LG TV ?

You will find the option under Setup>Picture>Truemotion

Hi Andy,

Just-so-as-you-know... The LG televisions motion/frame creation options are automatically disabled when the apps are launched 😉

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
mattyd-74
First Poster

My now tv picture is now terrible for the past 1-2 years it's been fine now all of a sudden it's gonna really bad and my average internet speed is 44mb so it's not the internet
0 Thanks
Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @mattyd-74

Sorry to hear this.

What make of LG TV do you have ?

Is the software upto date ?

Can you try a reboot of your router and if you don't already switch your TV off completely to give it a proper reset.

Thanks

Andy

commanda6 Champion 2
Champion 2

@Andy-S wrote:

Hi @mattyd-74

Sorry to hear this.

What make of LG TV do you have ?

Is the software upto date ?

Can you try a reboot of your router and if you don't already switch your TV off completely to give it a proper reset.

Thanks

Andy

Hi @mattyd-74

If the steps @Andy-S don't help. I hope you don't mind me jumping in andy-s

As well as information @Andy-S , has asked for

What type of content were you trying to watch, was it live content or on demand content?

How is your TV connected to your Internet connection, Wi-Fi or ethernet? 

Bear in mind that if you're watching the live streams using Wi-Fi, then your Wi-Fi has to be set up appropriately, meaning it has to be on a separate Wi-Fi channel to the neighbouring routers around you to help reduce an interference and also the Wi-Fi signal strength has to be good. Otherwise your TV won't be able to take full advantage of your Internet connection.

Ideally, you would be using an ethernet connection. If you watch the live streams a lot. On the live streams in also takes 10 to 15 seconds for the video quality quality to reach maximum

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Thanks
Davgille7
Occasional Poster

I have an lg 49UH770 tv plugged directly into my virgin internet with cat6 Ethernet. I do not watch any live tv, only catch up. Watching episode 6 of the walking dead was atrocious on my lg tv. Watching 4K or HD on Netflix on the app on my lg tv is superb, so there is nothing wrong with my Internet or my tv only the now tv app. I was tempted to go back to sky tv with a 75% discount but cannot be bothered having to phone to cancel when discount ends so I will stick with now tv for now but I can see a FireStick being ordered soon

0 Thanks
Champion 5

Hi @Davgille7,

That's certainly not normal.

Before doing anything else I suggest you 're-boot' you Virgin router and try viewing the episode again 😉

Cheers

0 Thanks
Bladerunner2106
First Poster

Now tv picture quality is unacceptable ! And no there is nothing wrong with my wifi . Tv. Or router !!
Ive been a now tv customer for 2 years now and only god knows why !
No more am i paying for this service !
0 Thanks