cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have no idea why but the quality of Now Tv on my LG television is absolutely awful, its a 50Inch Plasma and its like certain shows arent even worth watching because of the picture quality. Its not a problem with my internet as I can stream 3D and 4K content. Is there a solution to this? I mean I know the Max setting is 720p but it looks blurry even on my 21" pc screen. Is this the norm? Thank you.
109 REPLIES 109
BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User

I'm sure when I first got Now TV in 2014, I'm sure the live Sky Movies streams were 3100 with at least one even higher at 3450?   Then it dropped to 1700 for most of this year with 2500 since the weekend.

Catch-up has always been 3100.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BicBasher and @Anonymous User

Sorry about the delayed reply.

According to our tech team, the Live stream for Movies and Entertainment is 2500 (max) on LG TV app. 

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for letting us know. 

I have passed this on to our platform teams to figure out what has happened. As I too remember being able to stream 3100 on LG Smart TVs.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I used to get 3100 constant stream quality. Not anymore.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi , I was having the same problem, using 42" LG TV and Virgin Media broadband.

just changed it from wireless to fully wired with eithernet cable, 100% improvement.

Hope that might help.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

just changed it from wireless to fully wired with eithernet cable, 100% improvement.

Indeed... A wired internet connection is by far the better option 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv picture is now terrible for the past 1-2 years it's been fine now all of a sudden it's gonna really bad and my average internet speed is 44mb so it's not the internet
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this.

What make of LG TV do you have ?

Is the software upto date ?

Can you try a reboot of your router and if you don't already switch your TV off completely to give it a proper reset.

Thanks

Andy

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this.

What make of LG TV do you have ?

Is the software upto date ?

Can you try a reboot of your router and if you don't already switch your TV off completely to give it a proper reset.

Thanks

Andy

Hi @Anonymous User

If the steps @Anonymous User don't help. I hope you don't mind me jumping in andy-s

As well as information @Anonymous User , has asked for

What type of content were you trying to watch, was it live content or on demand content?

How is your TV connected to your Internet connection, Wi-Fi or ethernet? 

Bear in mind that if you're watching the live streams using Wi-Fi, then your Wi-Fi has to be set up appropriately, meaning it has to be on a separate Wi-Fi channel to the neighbouring routers around you to help reduce an interference and also the Wi-Fi signal strength has to be good. Otherwise your TV won't be able to take full advantage of your Internet connection.

Ideally, you would be using an ethernet connection. If you watch the live streams a lot. On the live streams in also takes 10 to 15 seconds for the video quality quality to reach maximum

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an lg 49UH770 tv plugged directly into my virgin internet with cat6 Ethernet. I do not watch any live tv, only catch up. Watching episode 6 of the walking dead was atrocious on my lg tv. Watching 4K or HD on Netflix on the app on my lg tv is superb, so there is nothing wrong with my Internet or my tv only the now tv app. I was tempted to go back to sky tv with a 75% discount but cannot be bothered having to phone to cancel when discount ends so I will stick with now tv for now but I can see a FireStick being ordered soon