cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colebrookguy
Occasional Poster

Re: Extremely poor picture quality

Thanks Scholar 5,

My Blu-Ray model is BP350.  The software Main version is: BD.23958.50908.C and the Servo version is: H161M2M0440.  I am not sure if I have the correct info for NOW App version but does 3.8 sound right?

Thanks

Guy

0 Thanks
Rob-T
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @colebrookguy

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing low quality.

Are you able to supply the information that @SeeMoreDigital has suggested?

On top of this, have you tried resetting your router?

Please do let us know that info.

Thanks 🙂

Rob

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
colebrookguy
Occasional Poster

Yes Rob - I have supplied all the info requested - I have also reset my Router (BT HUB5) at 65+ Mb and also reset the LG BluRay player through which I am trying to watch Sky Sports!Regards,Guy Coleman
0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@colebrookguy wrote:
Yes Rob - I have supplied all the info requested - I have also reset my Router (BT HUB5) at 65+ Mb and also reset the LG BluRay player through which I am trying to watch Sky Sports!Regards,Guy Coleman

@colebrookguy

Have you got the smart setup feature on your BT Homehub Router disabled ?

Through my experience using a BT Homehub Router, I find that my connected internet devices works a lot better when the Router is set to disabled mode.

To check and disable the smart feature on your Router, read my link page below.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Hello forum moderating team,

Given that Colebrookguy's issue is not related to an LG television but to an LG Blu-ray player, to avoid confusion how about moving his posts and subsequent replies into this existing: Streaming at just 284 on Lg BD350 and 550 topic?

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
TOPSY888
Occasional Poster

Hi , I was having the same problem, using 42" LG TV and Virgin Media broadband.

just changed it from wireless to fully wired with eithernet cable, 100% improvement.

Hope that might help.

Champion 5

@TOPSY888 wrote:

just changed it from wireless to fully wired with eithernet cable, 100% improvement.

Indeed... A wired internet connection is by far the better option 😉

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Edwardo2
Occasional Poster

I am getting a bit sick of seeing the stock reply from customer services: "sorry you are having these problems" or what-have-you.

I would ask anyone in the NOW TV organization to try watching a Game Of Thrones sword fight scene. If the expectation is for poor playback during fast action, simply try a little dialogue instead. Even that is unwatchable with un-synched speech-to-speaker and missing frames during motion, even pans and strolling looks like CCTV footage.

All the talk of resetting your TV to this and that is just stalling while, in the background, the service is known to deliver very poor straming quality.

My 50mbps fibre service delivers other services perfectly on all my small screens so why not NOW TV?

So I would like to ask again: are there plans to improve streaming quality on NOW TV to allow a smooth playback experience?

Champion 5

@Edwardo2 wrote:

I am getting a bit sick of seeing the stock reply from customer services: "sorry you are having these problems" or what-have-you.

I would ask anyone in the NOW TV organization to try watching a Game Of Thrones sword fight scene. If the expectation is for poor playback during fast action, simply try a little dialogue instead.

How odd... 

I watched the 'live stream' of Game Of Thrones. And the bit-stream was rock-steady at 2500 on my LG television, as was the image quality.

What model of LG television do you have? And how is it connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 3

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi SMD

I may be wrong here but it looks as if its always the guys with high speed fibre connections that seem to have audio-visual quality problems.

UK Bob

0 Thanks