cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chonky101
Contributor 3

Re: Extremely poor picture quality

I bought an lg bp550 blu ray player last week....sports stream quality is a steady 500 - movies it is at least 1700 but usually more.My connection speed is around 35 megs on a hard wired connection.Tried resetting router,software is the latest.

0 Thanks
itchy
Occasional Poster

trying out a 3 month entertainment pass but not happy with the picture quality, the image looks like it has a blur filter applied so it used less bandwidth to stream. Netflix and Amazon picture quality is way better. Come on Sky sort it out. Nowtv on my 65" isnt an enjoyable watch at all.

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

@itchy wrote:

trying out a 3 month entertainment pass but not happy with the picture quality, the image looks like it has a blur filter applied so it used less bandwidth to stream. Netflix and Amazon picture quality is way better. Come on Sky sort it out. Nowtv on my 65" isnt an enjoyable watch at all.

Really... Out of interest what channels and more importantly 'programmes' are you watching?

That being said, unless Netflix and Amazon offer the exact same content as NOW TV, it's not possible to compare the image quality of each service!

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
itchy
Occasional Poster

i was watching Family guy on fox last night, pq was dire compared to apple tv

0 Thanks
itchy
Occasional Poster

sky1 pq is leaps ahead of Fox

0 Thanks
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @itchy

Thanks for your post.

Are you still having this issue? How long did you manage to watch Family Guy?

Is your LG connected wired or wireless? Everything is up to date?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
salsoul
Occasional Poster

I'm having problems with picture quality on my LG. There was a firmware update 2 days ago to update the TV to 04.11.22 version. All other apps are fine. I'm using a cat 6e cable from the router to the TV and connection speed is 1GB full duplex yes that's right 1GB upload and download. My ISP is hyperopitic.com my speed test registers 890mbps down 920mbps upload, however the stream quality whilst watching live channels is 500 sometimes 800. It looks terrible. In fact unwatchable in some cases it seems to differ on different channels. The problem would appear to either be NOW TV app. As Netflix, Amazon prime all work fine both using 4k streaming. Any suggestions?
0 Thanks
salsoul
Occasional Poster

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

@salsoul wrote:
I'm having problems with picture quality on my LG....

What content are you watching? I've had Sky Atlantic on most of today and it looks really good!

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
salsoul
Occasional Poster

Fox and sky 1 and comedy central
0 Thanks