cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Extremely poor picture quality

Hi and welcome to the forum @Bladerunner2106,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Iainhambly
Occasional Poster

Its a now tv issue not a tv,app or router issue! I have an LG tv with the Now tv app, I also have 2 Now tv box's  ( white ) one connected to an LG tv and the other to a Toshiba and get the same issue on all devices and yet my Internet speed is fine and all other tv/movie apps have no quality issues, this problem has been on and off for several months now, so when are we going to get a honest answer and the problem fixed???????????

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Iainhambly,

Sorry to hear you having problems. Personally dpeaking I have no such issues. So in order to help you, can you please provide the following: -

• How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Iainhambly
Occasional Poster

Hi, my tv is hardwired and the 2 now boxes are wifi,  isp is BT , and no VPNs , average speed 5.9 mb , and no other devices connected at the time of issues

0 Thanks
uk2cyp
Occasional Poster

I have just purchased the LG bp450 bluray player

I have bt internet(40mbs) and connected via cable

This is what i get when i use the nowtv app

Live streams of movies,sport and entrtainment 90

Ondemand movies 280 clearing to 4865

Ondemand entertainment 90 clearing to 2015

This is unusable it needs fixing

I have chromecast and roku,both work perfectly with nowtv

Thanks

0 Thanks
daveroberts1
First Poster

Dont know if this will help i had the same problem with my Samsung Television, i had a ckear picture with my ipad butreally badon the telly, i simply placed a pin in the re-set button, went through all the procedure of placing username, password etc but now my pictureis crystal clear. Hope this helps.

0 Thanks
uk2cyp
Occasional Poster

Hi

Tried resetting via various methods but no luck

Thanks

0 Thanks
nt1965
Occasional Poster

Hello,

just started using nowtv, before my kit arrived i downloaded the app to an unused ps3 which is connected wirelessly to sky fibre broadband. I have a 7 yr old 42" LG non-smart TV. The first movie i tried to watch was Star Trek Beyond which had a very slight barely noticable judder. After disabling Trumotion the playback was fine, picture quality is perfect, and only once whilst watching Batman Superman have I had the little nowtv spinning circles appear whilst buffering took place. Streaming quality is currently 4865 although im not sure what this actually means i asume higher is better? In my limited experience i've found that TV manufacturers settings designed to 'enhance' picture quality can make things worse.

0 Thanks
ClareHad
First Poster

Hello

I am using a Lenovo laptop and the quality of the shows can often be atrocious. I'm on a wireless connection. Can you help?

Clare
0 Thanks
morphine
Occasional Poster

I have been run around for years trying to fix issues related to these, "check your router, its your isp" etc etc. All other streams are fine and certain nowtv apps just fail, buffer and lock up. I dont think there is anything they can do, the core running of their system breaks when you try to watch shows just realeased, I know game of thrones is the number 1 show but everyone I know just gave up watching it on release and downloaded it.

I even bought a new router and used the virgin router as a modem, enabled qos and priority networking systems to fix, removed all other devices etc and it was the same. Its irrtating to have to go through all these things to check on your side when they know full well the service is so poor. Check the PS3 section of the forum for how bad the app is and after years they did nothing to fix it. My LG TV (4k 52") has similar issues but everything else streams flawlessly at the same time with multiple devices. 

0 Thanks