cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have no idea why but the quality of Now Tv on my LG television is absolutely awful, its a 50Inch Plasma and its like certain shows arent even worth watching because of the picture quality. Its not a problem with my internet as I can stream 3D and 4K content. Is there a solution to this? I mean I know the Max setting is 720p but it looks blurry even on my 21" pc screen. Is this the norm? Thank you.
109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

I am using a Lenovo laptop and the quality of the shows can often be atrocious. I'm on a wireless connection. Can you help?

Clare
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been run around for years trying to fix issues related to these, "check your router, its your isp" etc etc. All other streams are fine and certain nowtv apps just fail, buffer and lock up. I dont think there is anything they can do, the core running of their system breaks when you try to watch shows just realeased, I know game of thrones is the number 1 show but everyone I know just gave up watching it on release and downloaded it.

I even bought a new router and used the virgin router as a modem, enabled qos and priority networking systems to fix, removed all other devices etc and it was the same. Its irrtating to have to go through all these things to check on your side when they know full well the service is so poor. Check the PS3 section of the forum for how bad the app is and after years they did nothing to fix it. My LG TV (4k 52") has similar issues but everything else streams flawlessly at the same time with multiple devices. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem mine when paused is 90. Other apps work fine just now tv as usual. You guys are about to lose my money
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have just paid £7.99 for a sports day pass and as you say it's Extremely poor picture quality,I have 200mg broadband with virgin media so it's not that. It's like watching tv in the 60's.Glad it's only a day pass and not a month.Wont be coming back untill they stream HD.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I  tried     1  day  sky sports  pass  -  viewed  great  on Pc  but   useless  on  LG  tv  -  chat  line  suggested  20 metre  ethernet  cable  from   router  to  TV!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just changed my display setting from 1051 to 750 was perfect....now keeps crashing ie with the cog turning then film comes back, very frustrating, did a speed test got 50mb
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The posts here indicate that this problem has been going on for a long time. I have tried everyting expect updating my LG TV which I cannot find anyway to do. This, however, is a cop out. Either Now can provide a service or they can't, blaming LG is ridiculous. I can a great picture on Amazon Prime and on Netflix. I bought my new Now box in August after the other one packed up. Over to you Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same poor picture quality with my Panasonic TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

having the same issue poor pictures and constant buffering make it unwatchable. I have virgin 150mb.wired direct to my router.
i don't have any problems with iPlayer,amazon or Netflix. must be down to nowtv's poor servers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why would sky create a service thats better then it's own satellite television? It wouldn't!, their own broadband is useless as well, we was getting speeds of 0.04 continuous and gave up trying in the end.(I have proof) Sky needs to clear out its management and re examine its priorities. Now TV could work, it's modern, no contract, no aerial, lay out is good,pricing is good as well.No amount of resetting router or tv or signing in or out will change the fact that ALL films will NOT! stream to a reasonable viewing quality until sky see a majority shift towards this service as it wouldn't be in their interest financially, simple!.