cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have no idea why but the quality of Now Tv on my LG television is absolutely awful, its a 50Inch Plasma and its like certain shows arent even worth watching because of the picture quality. Its not a problem with my internet as I can stream 3D and 4K content. Is there a solution to this? I mean I know the Max setting is 720p but it looks blurry even on my 21" pc screen. Is this the norm? Thank you.
109 REPLIES 109
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

That's certainly not normal.

Before doing anything else I suggest you 're-boot' you Virgin router and try viewing the episode again 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv picture quality is unacceptable ! And no there is nothing wrong with my wifi . Tv. Or router !!
Ive been a now tv customer for 2 years now and only god knows why !
No more am i paying for this service !
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a now tv issue not a tv,app or router issue! I have an LG tv with the Now tv app, I also have 2 Now tv box's  ( white ) one connected to an LG tv and the other to a Toshiba and get the same issue on all devices and yet my Internet speed is fine and all other tv/movie apps have no quality issues, this problem has been on and off for several months now, so when are we going to get a honest answer and the problem fixed???????????

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you having problems. Personally dpeaking I have no such issues. So in order to help you, can you please provide the following: -

• How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, my tv is hardwired and the 2 now boxes are wifi,  isp is BT , and no VPNs , average speed 5.9 mb , and no other devices connected at the time of issues

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just purchased the LG bp450 bluray player

I have bt internet(40mbs) and connected via cable

This is what i get when i use the nowtv app

Live streams of movies,sport and entrtainment 90

Ondemand movies 280 clearing to 4865

Ondemand entertainment 90 clearing to 2015

This is unusable it needs fixing

I have chromecast and roku,both work perfectly with nowtv

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dont know if this will help i had the same problem with my Samsung Television, i had a ckear picture with my ipad butreally badon the telly, i simply placed a pin in the re-set button, went through all the procedure of placing username, password etc but now my pictureis crystal clear. Hope this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Tried resetting via various methods but no luck

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

just started using nowtv, before my kit arrived i downloaded the app to an unused ps3 which is connected wirelessly to sky fibre broadband. I have a 7 yr old 42" LG non-smart TV. The first movie i tried to watch was Star Trek Beyond which had a very slight barely noticable judder. After disabling Trumotion the playback was fine, picture quality is perfect, and only once whilst watching Batman Superman have I had the little nowtv spinning circles appear whilst buffering took place. Streaming quality is currently 4865 although im not sure what this actually means i asume higher is better? In my limited experience i've found that TV manufacturers settings designed to 'enhance' picture quality can make things worse.