cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have no idea why but the quality of Now Tv on my LG television is absolutely awful, its a 50Inch Plasma and its like certain shows arent even worth watching because of the picture quality. Its not a problem with my internet as I can stream 3D and 4K content. Is there a solution to this? I mean I know the Max setting is 720p but it looks blurry even on my 21" pc screen. Is this the norm? Thank you.
109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Are you still having this issue? How long did you manage to watch Family Guy?

Is your LG connected wired or wireless? Everything is up to date?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am getting a bit sick of seeing the stock reply from customer services: "sorry you are having these problems" or what-have-you.

I would ask anyone in the NOW TV organization to try watching a Game Of Thrones sword fight scene. If the expectation is for poor playback during fast action, simply try a little dialogue instead. Even that is unwatchable with un-synched speech-to-speaker and missing frames during motion, even pans and strolling looks like CCTV footage.

All the talk of resetting your TV to this and that is just stalling while, in the background, the service is known to deliver very poor straming quality.

My 50mbps fibre service delivers other services perfectly on all my small screens so why not NOW TV?

So I would like to ask again: are there plans to improve streaming quality on NOW TV to allow a smooth playback experience?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am getting a bit sick of seeing the stock reply from customer services: "sorry you are having these problems" or what-have-you.

I would ask anyone in the NOW TV organization to try watching a Game Of Thrones sword fight scene. If the expectation is for poor playback during fast action, simply try a little dialogue instead.

How odd... 

I watched the 'live stream' of Game Of Thrones. And the bit-stream was rock-steady at 2500 on my LG television, as was the image quality.

What model of LG television do you have? And how is it connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi SMD

I may be wrong here but it looks as if its always the guys with high speed fibre connections that seem to have audio-visual quality problems.

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

ukbobboy wrote: @SeeMoreDigital

I may be wrong here but it looks as if its always the guys with high speed fibre connections that seem to have audio-visual quality problems.

From what I'm able to determine, more often than not it's people using (dynamic) WiFi ethernet connections!

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you feel that way and that were in anyway trying to stall you or in anyway imply the issue is your fault.

I have to say that as we often watch Game of Thrones during the live broadcast here in the office on an LG TV we've personally not see any issues during fast action. While we do see quality issue it would't be correct to say this is a large majority of our customer base, we know there are customers who see this where their broadband is absolutely fine, this is why we would be asking questions regarding the TV, we go through everything we can first then we would of course take this higher for you.

From what you've described my first thought is it might be something to do with the Trumotion setting on your LG TV - check in the settings if this is on or off - and see if this makes a difference set to off. Do forgive me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

herojan
Expert

Hi

I'm not here to deny that anybody is having issues with thier service.

But I would also say that my experience is that when I have had quality issues, it has been a general quality drop lasting for a few minutes, not relating to what type of scene is on the TV. (and I do not see this drop on other NowTV devices I have so it is something specific to using an LG TV).

The service is capable of providing a smooth, high quality picture. Trouble-shooting is always a case of ruling of each possibility until you find the cause of the problem.

I had to turn of tru-motion on my TV (and not just for Now TV sources) to get the best picture for fast scenes, so Simon's suggestion of trying that first is a good one.

If your are currently using wi-fi with your TV and can try out a wired connection then that is also another one to rule-out as the cause.

The two issues above have been seen to cause problems for people, so it makes sense to rule then out first.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Andy-S wrote: @Dembo

Have you tried disabling Trumotion on your LG TV ?

You will find the option under Setup>Picture>Truemotion

Hi Andy,

Just-so-as-you-know... The LG televisions motion/frame creation options are automatically disabled when the apps are launched 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got to agree with the posts on here,today i purchased a sky sports day pass for the football and the picture is actually unwatchable this is on a 4k lg tv which was only bought in december, i have no problems with netflix or bbci player but be assured i will not waste my money again.

I have bt fibre optic broadband.

herojan
Expert

Question for Now TV:

Who writes the NowTV app for the LG TVs? 

Is it NOW TV or LG?

I'd like toknow so we can raise the issue with the correct person.

There is obviously an issue but nobody wants to do anything about it.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M