cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have no idea why but the quality of Now Tv on my LG television is absolutely awful, its a 50Inch Plasma and its like certain shows arent even worth watching because of the picture quality. Its not a problem with my internet as I can stream 3D and 4K content. Is there a solution to this? I mean I know the Max setting is 720p but it looks blurry even on my 21" pc screen. Is this the norm? Thank you.
109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The now tv app also keeps freezing and causing me to have to turn the tv off and on again! All in all a massively poor experience with now tv considering I have a latest tv and very reasonable broadband speed if it doesn't work for me how does it work for anyone!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've put the app on my iPad and it plays fine through that so why does it not through the tv app?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Further to this I have installed the now tv app on my playstation to see if that would help me play through my tv but it doesn't the live content is still juddery! I have tried watching a film and they all work fine I really want to be able to watch the sports through my tv not have to be sat staring at my iPad any suggestions?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing the problem. 

Could you please also click here and ensure that you've tried every step that's listed.

This may help with the buffering you're experiencing on the LG TV.

Additionally, please ensure you've updated your LG TV firmware to the latest version and checked for updates with the NOW TV app.

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've done everything on that list and the tv is up to date how do you update the app on the tv?
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Thanks for posting.

To update the app please go to "Settings > Support > Update software" 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Do you mean setting within the now tv app because there aren't any and if you mean on the tv the tv is fully updated
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

It seems the problem is with the LG (42LB650V Smart 3D 42" LED TV ) Now TV app only.

I have  Roku box and its plugged into a 55" samasung TV and the quality is much much better than the LG. The Roku connects to router as wifi as well as LG. I thought the quality will even deteriorate on larger screens but Now TV app on Roku is doing remarkably well.

My broadband speed isn't that good 3.5Mbps and on LG Now TV when pused displays 3100 as quality. Roku box dont show any number when paused. Also i note the BBC iPlayer also streams fine HD quality on the LG TV even at my low bradband it doesnt judder, occasionally it buffers but not often.

So I can only think its something to do with the Now TV app on LG TV.

All my tests were done while no one else using my internet and only one device was streaming at a time.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks in advance 

Sanj

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't have an LG TV but I do have an LG BlueRay player!  Stream quality 284 comes up every time I watch Sky Sports.  iPlayer, Amazon Prime etc are all perfect.  I have just done an update on the player - but no difference.  I have set the resolution to both Auto and 720 - no difference.  I have 60Gb download so that can't be an issue.  Help please?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I don't have an LG TV but I do have an LG BlueRay player!  Stream quality 284 comes up every time I watch Sky Sports.  iPlayer, Amazon Prime etc are all perfect.  I have just done an update on the player - but no difference.  I have set the resolution to both Auto and 720 - no difference.  I have 60Gb download so that can't be an issue.  Help please?

It would seem you're not alone, as other LG Blu-ray player users have posted the same issue within this: Streaming at just 284 on Lg BD350 and 550 topic!

In the interest in collecting information: -

• What's your LG Blu-ray players 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?

Cheers