cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have no idea why but the quality of Now Tv on my LG television is absolutely awful, its a 50Inch Plasma and its like certain shows arent even worth watching because of the picture quality. Its not a problem with my internet as I can stream 3D and 4K content. Is there a solution to this? I mean I know the Max setting is 720p but it looks blurry even on my 21" pc screen. Is this the norm? Thank you.
109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I'm no expert on LG TVs, but have you got any picture enhancement settings enabled?   I have a 2010 "dumb" LG and have had problems with jerkiness from DVDs unless I have picture mode set to standard

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought an lg bp550 blu ray player last week....sports stream quality is a steady 500 - movies it is at least 1700 but usually more.My connection speed is around 35 megs on a hard wired connection.Tried resetting router,software is the latest.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having problems with picture quality on my LG. There was a firmware update 2 days ago to update the TV to 04.11.22 version. All other apps are fine. I'm using a cat 6e cable from the router to the TV and connection speed is 1GB full duplex yes that's right 1GB upload and download. My ISP is hyperopitic.com my speed test registers 890mbps down 920mbps upload, however the stream quality whilst watching live channels is 500 sometimes 800. It looks terrible. In fact unwatchable in some cases it seems to differ on different channels. The problem would appear to either be NOW TV app. As Netflix, Amazon prime all work fine both using 4k streaming. Any suggestions?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I'm having problems with picture quality on my LG....

What content are you watching? I've had Sky Atlantic on most of today and it looks really good!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fox and sky 1 and comedy central
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm currently getting 2500 on those 'live' channels...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Clearly a problem somewhere  not sure where though 

BicBasher
Elite

I had a problem watching 'Christine' on demand earlier, with the Error Code 1 message, but otherwise a constant 3100.    Like @SeeMoreDigital, I'm also now getting the live Sky Movies channels at 2500.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BicBasher

Thanks for letting us know as mentioned by @Anonymous User this has been passed onto our team and we'll be in touch.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team