cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have no idea why but the quality of Now Tv on my LG television is absolutely awful, its a 50Inch Plasma and its like certain shows arent even worth watching because of the picture quality. Its not a problem with my internet as I can stream 3D and 4K content. Is there a solution to this? I mean I know the Max setting is 720p but it looks blurry even on my 21" pc screen. Is this the norm? Thank you.
109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Quality on my lg bp 440 lg blue ray now TV app has been awful recently during the evening. It keeps negotiating down to a very low bit rate 500-800. It always used to run at 3100. Other smart apps are fine up to 1080p and broadband download speed test typically average over 30mbps.

When will this be fixed?
herojan
Expert

Another month goes by...any chance of an update of any sort or a hint of when we may see this resolution?

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @herojan

Sorry about the delay.

We're still looking into this with LG team. We'll update you as soon as we have a resolution.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

herojan
Expert

My LG TV (42UB820V) updated from firmware 4.10.31 to 4.11.01 today, so I shall have to see if the NowTV app behaves any better.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

watching the Real match last night and the picture quality deteriorated progressively during the second half, the stream was down to 500, making the match unwatchable. Now TV must do something about this or it will lose customers. Turned over at the end of the match to catch the replay of Murray v Chardry and it was perfect, so why is it that we have to pay for inferior picture quality on the football!?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry about that 😞

I'll send you an email to discuss this further.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add another unhappy viewer to the list. Tried watching game of thrones live tonight and quality was awful at times on my lg 29 inch smart TV which is cabled to the router. Its not the whole way through but every so often. I have 100mb broadband and bit rates are fine when I check. Firmware and updates are all applied and other steps suggested in this thread have been taken. Any updates on the investigation with lg?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, wanted to second @Anonymous User experience on last weeks game of thrones (GoT) catch up streaming quality issue. Watched on Thursday 14th May 15. We unfortunately restarted the TV and game of thrones about 5 times during that one episode, which isn't great when your hooked on GoT.

I'm on Sky fibre unlimited with a constant top download even at peak times. My TV is LG 49UB850V, all firmware and software up to date and wire connected.

I have on the whole experience a good service from NowTV since just before Christmas but clearly there's some bandwidth issues or coding at NowTVs end (maybe just high demand shows?). As the others have said here, I am able to play all of the following in HD content at the time of the quality issues. Blinkbox, BBC, Amazon Prime Instant, Netflix.

NowTV unfortunately is the only streaming app I'm having issues with. To be clear also, we don't watch any live TV on NowTV, it's all on demand/catch up. All previously stated support info such as resetting, updating etc has been done already.

Love my LG tv!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Add another unhappy viewer to the list. Tried watching game of thrones live tonight and quality was awful at times on my lg 29 inch smart TV which is cabled to the router. Its not the whole way through but every so often. I have 100mb broadband and bit rates are fine when I check. Firmware and updates are all applied and other steps suggested in this thread have been taken. Any updates on the investigation with lg?

How odd...

I watched Game Of Thrones last night at around 23:00 (a couple of hours after the live transmission) on my bedroom LG TV and it played perfectly with no visual fluctuations in quality.

Sadly, the NowTV app did lock-up at the end though. So I had to re-boot my TV...

Cheers

• LG TV model: 32LN575V • LG TV software: 04.26.05 • LG TV post-processing options: Off • Now TV app version: 3.5.4 • ISP: Virgin Media 50Mbps • Network connection type: Wired • LG TV IP address: Fixed •

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm aware there's been some 'logging-in' and 'logging-out' issues with NOW TV but personally I've never experienced any out-right 'jerky' issues!

What exactly do you mean?