cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have no idea why but the quality of Now Tv on my LG television is absolutely awful, its a 50Inch Plasma and its like certain shows arent even worth watching because of the picture quality. Its not a problem with my internet as I can stream 3D and 4K content. Is there a solution to this? I mean I know the Max setting is 720p but it looks blurry even on my 21" pc screen. Is this the norm? Thank you.
109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Scholar 5,

My Blu-Ray model is BP350.  The software Main version is: BD.23958.50908.C and the Servo version is: H161M2M0440.  I am not sure if I have the correct info for NOW App version but does 3.8 sound right?

Thanks

Guy

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello forum moderating team,

Given that Colebrookguy's issue is not related to an LG television but to an LG Blu-ray player, to avoid confusion how about moving his posts and subsequent replies into this existing: Streaming at just 284 on Lg BD350 and 550 topic?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing low quality.

Are you able to supply the information that @SeeMoreDigital has suggested?

On top of this, have you tried resetting your router?

Please do let us know that info.

Thanks 🙂

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes Rob - I have supplied all the info requested - I have also reset my Router (BT HUB5) at 65+ Mb and also reset the LG BluRay player through which I am trying to watch Sky Sports!Regards,Guy Coleman
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yes Rob - I have supplied all the info requested - I have also reset my Router (BT HUB5) at 65+ Mb and also reset the LG BluRay player through which I am trying to watch Sky Sports!Regards,Guy Coleman

@Anonymous User

Have you got the smart setup feature on your BT Homehub Router disabled ?

Through my experience using a BT Homehub Router, I find that my connected internet devices works a lot better when the Router is set to disabled mode.

To check and disable the smart feature on your Router, read my link page below.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am in the same situation. I've upgraded my lg tv to 49 inch smart 4k tv and ever since sky sports on now tv is unwatchable. I have fibre bband and all was fine with my older tv. Surely this is a problem with the tv
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. What bitrate are you getting according to your lg when watching NOW TV sports? As has been posted above, live TV is streamed in SD, not 720p.

Edit - you may well have already tried this, but if not, check out the earlier post from @Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm sure when I looked it was 3460. This was shown in top right corner of screen unless this is something else?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting back to me.  That's a perfectly good bitrate you're getting & it is more than well sufficient to produce a perfect SD picture and perfectly sufficient for 720p resolution picture, if you watch NOW TV catch up content on your lg. 

It rules out that it's not a capacity problem at NOW TV's end, or anything to do with a problem at your end with the stream getting to your TV.  I realise this doesn't solve the problem, but at least it rules out several factors for you.  I hope this is of some help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I too am getting very poor picture quality, streaming at 300, 500 and 800 most of the time. I watched Captain America last night with a quality akin to the old videos in the 70's and the picture freezing every so often. All the Christmas viewing with family wanting to watch has been spoilt to a large degree. TV is an LG LA740V.

Nothing has changed this end and internet speeds are fine at over 9 Mbps. I've rebooted the router etc etc but this problem remains since the evening of 23rd Dec (It was fine in the afternoon). Iplayer is also fine.

I hope something can be sorted,

Mike Thomas