cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extremely poor picture quality

I have no idea why but the quality of Now Tv on my LG television is absolutely awful, its a 50Inch Plasma and its like certain shows arent even worth watching because of the picture quality. Its not a problem with my internet as I can stream 3D and 4K content. Is there a solution to this? I mean I know the Max setting is 720p but it looks blurry even on my 21" pc screen. Is this the norm? Thank you.
109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear you're having issues on your LG TV. If you are watching live content the streaming quality is SD so it can differ from on demand content.

However if you can try some of the suggestions below they can help to increase your streaming quality.

- restart your router.
- restart the TV.
- reset the TV to factory setting.
- update your TV software.
- unplug the TV

If you still have some issues please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done all of those and the quality hasn't improved at all, its low on my pc but way more noticable on my LG TV as the screen is bigger. 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Sorry to hear you've seen no improvement.

When you play something for about 5 minutes and then hit pause can you tell us what Number is displayed under "streaming quality" ?

Thanks

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

It might be worth contacting LG with this issue as they have an exclusive deal with NOW TV as far as I'm aware to carry its app on their smart tv's, so I doubt they are going to want customers having to put up with poor picture quality.  I'm assuming here you have a smart TV!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Urgent issue I have a 4k 42" lg tv and have just entered a sky sports 1 day pass code and all has gone through fine but when it plays the channel keeps stop starting like it's not streaming properly. I have virgin fiber broadband at 50mb so should be no problem there and it says stream quality is 3450 in the corner. It's currently unwatchable doing what it's doing and unless it works it's a waste of a day pass! Please help asap
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for contacting NOW TV.

We're very sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

Could you please try rebooting your LG TV and also resetting your wireless router. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ok just tried that but it's made no difference! When the app starts and I go onto sky sport it starts low quality but the picture moves fine but as soon as it clears up and switches to 3450 quality it becomes really juddery. The tv is connected to the router via Ethernet a well and I've never had problems watching movies before so no idea why sports is so poor!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your reply. 

Have you tried completing an online speed test to see what speed you're currently running?

If your ISP is currently experiencing heavy traffic this may be why you're having this issue.

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I just went on the internet through the tv and went onto broadbandspeedchecker I did the test 4 times average down lap speed was 39mb upload speed 3mb