Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extra Users

I am technically illiterate 

I use Now TV currently using a Roku box 

I want to set up my daughter with a TV in her room so she can watch what she wants independently of whats on the main TV 

What is the best way of making that happen? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Make sure that your Daughters TV has a method of watching NowTV (see this NowTV article linked below on ways to watch NowTV).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Then with the device you are going to connect with the Daughters television (unless the television has the native inbuilt NowTV App on it) make sure you sign into your Daughters playback device with the exact same account details used on your Roku device on your main television.

With a NowTV single account you are allowed up to six registered devices and two simultaneous streams at the same time (three simultaneous streams if you have a HD Boost Pass).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Make sure that your Daughters TV has a method of watching NowTV (see this NowTV article linked below on ways to watch NowTV).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Then with the device you are going to connect with the Daughters television (unless the television has the native inbuilt NowTV App on it) make sure you sign into your Daughters playback device with the exact same account details used on your Roku device on your main television.

With a NowTV single account you are allowed up to six registered devices and two simultaneous streams at the same time (three simultaneous streams if you have a HD Boost Pass).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know how old your Daughter is, but if she is quite young, then maybe add a parental pin to your account.

Also it would be wise to add a Payment Pin also to your NowTV account to avoid your Daughter accidentally buying NowTV Passes without your knowledge.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-payment-pin-parental-pin-settings 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Just to make it crystal clear...

Although NowTV does allow for multiple simultaneous devices and streams... it does NOT accommodate different users (in the same way that Netflix, Disney+ etc do).

Therefore aside from the very helpful posts above suggesting parental PIN etc... bear in mind that it is a single shared watchlist and favourites and continue watching queue.  Anything you are watching will be visible to her and vice versa - therefore that parental PIN is essential to stop her being able to watch any adult content.... and be aware she can see the 'adult content' that you are watching just not be able to press play without the PIN.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

How old is your daughter and what is she watching?

if she is young and just watching stuff on the kids pass might be worth setting up a separate account.