cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error message on opening NOWtv on macbook

For 3 days now when I open Now tv on my macbook i get the message "oops something went wrong try again later"

I can watch it fine via apple TV though using the same router and internet connection.

On twitter I was told it was being investigated. Any idea how long before this will be fixed and do you have an idea where the problem is?

I have tried the usual, restart router, uninstall Now tv etc, still the same. Getting pretty fed up with it now, been missing the cricket. I'm soon going to be asking for a refund if it isn't fixed

I've picked Chromecast as the label but i dont know what that is, there's no laptop label.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been getting the same message for the last couple of days with my (super old!) MBP.

You can see it flash the underlying page for a second before it overlays the "oops" page, so I think maybe someone forgot to test a change in safari.

A bit silly if you ask me, but that's where we are I guess!

FWIW, it works in FireFox on the same machine, so there's a temporary workaround if you need it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am a cricket lover and Spurs supporter getting exactly the same problem and I have tried the same methods to solve it. There's a sense of helplessness and anger with NOW and their irritating Oops message.  Is it there issue or mine? How dare they take my money?  I am also using a Macbook Air and up until a few days ago had no problem.  I'm now wasting time endlessly trying to download and restart and there's no joy.  Does anybody from NOW read these messages?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am confident that it is NOWtv’s problem as I can log onto the forum, look at my passes or anything else on the site fine. Its only when I click "Watch Now" that the stupid error message comes up.

As I say, I can watch it perfectly OK on my TV through my Apple TV box and last night I was watching the cricket on my iPhone. I’m thinking it may be a licensing problem between Safari and Now Tv maybe?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been getting the same message for the last couple of days with my (super old!) MBP.

You can see it flash the underlying page for a second before it overlays the "oops" page, so I think maybe someone forgot to test a change in safari.

A bit silly if you ask me, but that's where we are I guess!

FWIW, it works in FireFox on the same machine, so there's a temporary workaround if you need it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that.

I downloaded Fire Fox and as you say it works perfectly with that browser.

Just ried this morning on Safari and it looks like they have fixed the problem at last as it works OK on there as well now.

All set for the women's T20 now!

Cheers

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Pretty bad choice of Label right now, as Chromecast isn’t working, so your posting is going to get lost in the rush 😢

But there is a Mac Label, if you post under PC & Mac:-

2EF538BC-ADE8-4834-8852-1C95047E483B.png

I can see what my iMac is doing in this area tomorrow, though I don’t know if it will be close enough to what a MacBook might be failing to do...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.