cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error message on Samsung smart TV app

Since yesterday I am unable to watch anything on Now TV. Every time I try and watch something I get the following error message:

playback.errors.load.OVP_00311

I have signed in and out of the app, reset the internet but no joy. Annoyed as I wanted to binge watch The Wire this weekend!

19 REPLIES 19
roberto1959
Scholar

Just an update on this Samsung TV blip. I've noticed that it now works first time every time, it's just you get the white screen for what seems an age, then screen goes blue, ballls spin and presto, it's all good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Tony-D gave that a go but it didn't change anything. It's not just The Wire, it's everything I try and watch. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV myself with the inbuilt NowTV App, but if deleting the App, then switch the power off to the TV by unplugging at the electrical socket for a minute, then rebooting up the TV and going to the Apps Store and re download the NowTV App and log back in doesn't work in that order.

Then maybe has a long shot which sometimes work on their NowTV boxes or stick is to switch off the power to your router for 20 minutes to see if that fixes the problem to enable you to watch anything with your nowtv passes.

Hopefully other Samsung Smart TV users can offer you further help & assistance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hey @schnapps thanks for your reply. I have tried all of that several times over now, but no luck! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If that's the case i will leave it with @Tony-D from the NowTV Team to come up with a solution.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having the same issue for a few weeks now. I can watch everything fine on iPad or laptop but I can’t watch anything on my Samsung tv. I’ve tried redownloading the app and turning tv off etc. Nothing is working. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So frustrating..

I’ve had Samsung even log into my tv to try and resolve..they’ve told me it definitely Now Tv’s Issue..

With Christmas coming up too with loads of family festive new films about to become available what are we supposed to do??

why are we paying for a service that we can’t use?

Now Tv need to immediately resolve this issue and start treating their customers fairly. 

If it’s not resolved in 7 days I will be cancelling my whole sky subscriptions with them..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having the same issue for about 2 weeks now! It is really fustrating and annoying that I'm paying for a service I can't use. The problem occurs for all content on NowTV, Movies, TV shows, the lot!

I have tried everything; signing out and then back in, resetting the smart tv apps hub, resetting the tv to factory settings, changing the country of the tv to a different country and then changing it back to the UK. Nothing works!

This needs sorting out immediately!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same fault been trying everything to fix the playback.error.load.OVP_0311

i feel like driving to there offices and getting my money back 

iPad and boxwork fine but Samsung app won’t 

aaaaarrrrhhhh

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had the exact same error message on my Samsung TV for several weeks now.    

Does anybody know if someone at NowTV is actually dealing with this issue?

It’s taking a very long time to fix an error that must be affecting so many people.