cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error message LG TV

Hi. Just bought a new LG TV Nano cell installed with the nowtv app. Can’t watch anything longer than a couple of minute without it stopping and a message coming up saying there has been an error with the player. 

Tried to get help from nowtv online chat but if you don’t keep at it chatting every 2 mins the chat disconnects. Not easy when you are doing the things they suggest like changing the DNS..............

Help!!

Tracy 

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly i don't own an LG Smart television so i won't be much help, but sometimes unplugging the power to the television for about a minute clears certain error messages.

At the same time it might be worth giving your Router a reboot and let the Router restart and settle back down then switch the mains power back on your LG television.

It's worth a go if you haven't tried it already.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly i don't own an LG Smart television so i won't be much help, but sometimes unplugging the power to the television for about a minute clears certain error messages.

At the same time it might be worth giving your Router a reboot and let the Router restart and settle back down then switch the mains power back on your LG television.

It's worth a go if you haven't tried it already.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that @schnapps It seems to have worked 😊

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I will keep my fingers crossed for you 😬.

If you encounter any problems with buffering or drop outs using the NowTV App and you are currently using the LG via wifi, then if practically possible in your setup see if using the LG TV over hard wired Ethernet helps the situation.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

There certainly seems to be an issue with some LG TVs in terms of connectivity and the Now TV app.

On several occasions my parents LG TV specifically with Now TV pops up with the error 'Connect to Internet' despite all other apps on the TV working just fine. 

Thankfully they have a Now TV Stick as a backup, but it certainly defeats the purpose. 

Most recently they went through almost a week with the app not working on the TV and after the 3rd delete and install it seemed to have worked. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. 

So frustrating as I have the stick but it does defeat the purpose of the app. Been 2 weeks. Any other suggestions?