cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code PL-0

Now TV not working, got Error code PL-0. What is it and how do I fix?

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi after resetting factory settings on my LG TV, after reading someone had the same problem, I followed advice all sorted no getting kicked off or buffering just thought I'd share to say thankyou, and hope this helps others with the ERROR CODE PL-0

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried all the advice above; reset Toshiba  tv to factory settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the app on PS4, cleared the cache, unplugged the tv etc but I’ve had no success 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Head onto live chat and complain. Click “chat online”, not “get help quicker”.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the link!

I spoke to someone but they could not resolve it. Someone will get back to me via email (I’m assuming this won’t be imminent and doesn’t sound very hopeful). 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Looks like it’s down to ongoing issues with NOW on some devices. Both PS4 and PS5 along with Samsung are amongst those effected.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spent two hours trying to fix this. The now.tv app is the worst streaming app ever.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the same error Code. I updated apps that needed updating and launched NOW TV from the app list from my account info which seemed to fix the problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv app is not working on my LG smart TV when I try to watch sports live it keeps loading and then says something is not right

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is the TV connected via Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

apuk2004
Scholar 2

I get this from time to time on my Sony Android TV (running latest firmware and apps)

Got NOW TV on several devices but only ever watch one at a time. 

The error only occurs when I try to launch the TV GUIDE to watch live TV it does not affect the VOD library.

I have tried rebooting and clearing the cache again tonight but still not working so looks like I'm going to have to clear the app data which means I'll have to login again which usually fixes it.

Wish it could be fixed or they could develop a better login system like PLEX or BBC iPlayer where you activate it via a code on your mobile which saves having to type a username and password directly on the TV.

The current login method is so slow and awkward using a TV remote if your username is an email address and your password is strong and contains lots of letters symbols and numbers.