Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Error code: PL-0

Hi @HeyThereBoy and @C92,

What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
Highlighted
Advocate

Model : 32LN578V-ZE
software version: 04.28.14
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

I'm using a wired connection on my LG TV as well. I can only watch one or two episodes then the app stalls and I get the PL-0 error code. The TV can't be blamed really cuz other apps work flawlessly. I've had no problems with; Netflix, Amazon, iPlayer, YouTube, Wuaki, Curzon, Demand 5, etc. Only Now TV causes me problems. To be honest, because of these issues, it's the app I use least... so I probably won't continue my subscription.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hello,

Was there ever any resolution to this topic?  I am experiencing the same issue myself and also have hyperoptic broadboand.

Now TV technical support have told he I need to buy Now TV boxes for my two TVs to fix it...  Not something I really want to do given that one of the reasons I bought the TVs was because they have the Now TV on them.

Thanks all in advance

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @CanadaGirl,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
  • If you are an existing subscriber, when did you start having issues?
  • What's the 'model' number of your LG 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'Software Version' number? of your LG 'smart' television?
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • If you have an webOS based LG television, have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app?
  • How is your 'smart' television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hello,

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly and the offer of help! I am at my wits end with this. I have two TVs both with the same issue:

LG TV
- model: LG 42LS570T - ZB
- software version: 04.62.12
- now tv app version: 2.24.1

Samsung TV
- model: T32E390SX
- software version: 2.20.2
- now tv app version: 1500

As with the other commenter, I am able to run Netflix, YouTube and other apps no issue. It is just Now TV I am having an issue with. I've had now TV for the last two years, the issue started about 2-3 months ago.

I have tried updating the TVs, resetting them, rebooting my router, all sorts as you mention below with no joy.

I am also going to try calling hyperoptic to see if they have any suggestions as wondering if this could be the issue despite resetting the router.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Forgot to mention, the LG tv is a wired connection and the Samsung is wireless
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Same here, same provider, same issues, Netflix is completely fine, so is amazon
Rebooted everything
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

I am having the same issue with my Samsung. Have un plugged both tv and router and no luck. All other apps (incl Netflix, you tube) work fine... what is the problem with Now TV??? @Karl-F 

0 Thanks
Observer

@Birgit-R Why do NowTV reps keep saying it is our connection problem when all other apps work.!. 

0 Thanks