cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code: PL-0

New lg tv with Nowtv app. Numerous problems with it.

I have to keep signing in again. I cannot watch more than one show without connection dropping. Once I try watch another episode I get the above error.
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello,

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly and the offer of help! I am at my wits end with this. I have two TVs both with the same issue:

LG TV
- model: LG 42LS570T - ZB
- software version: 04.62.12
- now tv app version: 2.24.1

Samsung TV
- model: T32E390SX
- software version: 2.20.2
- now tv app version: 1500

As with the other commenter, I am able to run Netflix, YouTube and other apps no issue. It is just Now TV I am having an issue with. I've had now TV for the last two years, the issue started about 2-3 months ago.

I have tried updating the TVs, resetting them, rebooting my router, all sorts as you mention below with no joy.

I am also going to try calling hyperoptic to see if they have any suggestions as wondering if this could be the issue despite resetting the router.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Same error, again, solution last time cancel NowTV as no solution offered, back again same problem

Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber? Exisiting

If you are an existing subscriber, when did you start having issues? Today

What's the 'model' number of your LG 'smart' television? LG WebOS UH630V

What's the 'Software Version' number? of your LG 'smart' television? version 05.50.95

What's your NOW TV 'app' version? Version 6.0.18

If you have an webOS based LG television, have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app? Yes and fully factory reset the TV twice and reinstalled the apps

How is your 'smart' television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection? Tried both

Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)? no

Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)? Of course

This is a recurring problem I have had with NowTV over years as all my TVs are various LG models, thought I would give it another go hoping it was fixed and using my other TV this time, been working fine for over a month until today and here we are again, cannot get through an episode with out it erroring out and having to restart the app. They have known about this issue for over three years and don't offer any solution so I guess I will be saying bye bye to NowTV again, never had this problem with Amazon or Netflix.......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey,

For me and my LG TV it was an IP Address issue. I spoke to my internet company Hyperoptic to assign me a static IP Address and now it works perfectly. Costs a couple extra quid a month extra but worth it to not have any hassle 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any idea how to fix this when NowTV is the broadband provider? 
streaming NowTV is terrible, been with them

for years but last 6 months it’s gotten so much worse. Other apps, Disney+, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer etc etc totally fine on the same Tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgot to mention, the LG tv is a wired connection and the Samsung is wireless
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, same provider, same issues, Netflix is completely fine, so is amazon
Rebooted everything
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - this is still not working for me either with a Samsung 2016 tv. ALL other apps (Netflix, Youtube etc) work, its just NowTV that comes up with PL-0 whenever I try to watch anything. Can you please look into this? It should be the app at fault here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why can’t I watch the India match now. what is PL-0. The other sports channels are working on now tv but not the cricket 

What is the point of watching live sport when you can’t watch it live.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, nowtv sucks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The IND v AFG T20 cricket match is on both Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Cricket.

Both channels are working for me.

What playback devices do you own and i am assuming you are not using a NOW Mobile Sports Membership which doesn't cover these two above Sky Sports channels.

If you are seeing the PL-0 error code, then maybe read through the thread for a fix.