cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code: PL-0

New lg tv with Nowtv app. Numerous problems with it.

I have to keep signing in again. I cannot watch more than one show without connection dropping. Once I try watch another episode I get the above error.
39 REPLIES 39
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

What method of internet connection are you using? Wired or WiFi?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Wifi
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Wifi

When i use my laptop (wifi) it works perfectly well but just not on the tv app

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:
Wifi

When i use my laptop (wifi) it works perfectly well but just not on the tv app

I'm sure it does. But that does not mean your TV will.

A movement of just a few millimeters can mean the difference between good and poor signal quality. And it's signal 'quality' that's required, not signal 'strength'.

Wherever possible it's highly recommended to use wired ethernet when connecting to video streaming services. If it's not possible to connect directly to a router, HomePlugs work very well Smiley Wink

BicBasher
Elite

The LG wifi is probably the worst of the lot with the service. No problems with the black Now TV box or the older Chromecast streaming via wifi, yet I've had to hard wire the tv to the router, so I get a stable connection.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BicBasher wrote:

The LG wifi is probably the worst of the lot with the service. No problems with the black Now TV box or the older Chromecast streaming via wifi, yet I've had to hard wire the tv to the router, so I get a stable connection.

Yes connecting to the Now TV service via WiFi on an LG television sadly does seem to be more of a hit-and-miss affair compared to the other streaming services.

For the life of me I don't understand why television manufacturers havn't got around to incorporating 'powerline' ethernet connectivity as standard... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm seeing the same error.

Now TV on my LG TV (47LA690V) with wired connection

I've tried reinitialising the apps, factory resetting the tv,and removing then adding the TV from the list of devices.

Now TV was working perfectly until a couple of weeks ago.

It works fine on my laptop.

If it is not resolved within the next week I will be cancelling my subscription and moving to Netflix.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry for the issues you have encountered when trying to view. 

Can you please let us know where you are trying to view from? Are you trying to view from within the UK? 

You may want to unplug your router for a few minutes and then re-connect to your TV. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right at this moment I'm in Germany but I use NowTV when I'm back home in Manchester and when I'm not there my mother uses the service.

I've already tried resetting the router then reconnecting the TV but with no success.