cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 3.Maincontent

I have Now TV on my BT Freeview Box. I have a subscription through BT. When I open the Now app all seems good, but when I play a program it plays for a few seconds then I get a blank screen. After a while it has Error code : 3. MAIN_CONTENT. Any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As mentioned by @redchiz1  if your billing is via BT and your issue is with the Youview box from BT then you’ll need to contact BT to resolve. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

I m not sure how NOW TV On Demand works on a BT box. Are you able to watch the channels via the EPG? Otherwise I suspect you need to reach out to BT directly for further support. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Now On Demand can be used by a BT TV Now customer on any device that a non-BT TV customer can watch Now On Demand on.

Most usually the Now app on their YouView box, but they won’t get subtitles there, so they may look at other devices if subtitles are important to them.

Now know who is and who isn’t a BT TV customer, so you can’t rule out some specifically BT TV-related glitch, though this might just be an ordinary common-or-garden Now glitch.

But either way, BT TV customers have a BT telephone help line for Now streaming problems that ordinary Now customers don’t, so they can use that, and not have to be ‘scrabbling down in the dirt’ like the rest of us 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As mentioned by @redchiz1  if your billing is via BT and your issue is with the Youview box from BT then you’ll need to contact BT to resolve. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I'll try BT