cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error Code 1

I've have started to have problems watching my entertainment pass live since the start of 2017. I have tried many things to fix it but none have worked. When I am watching live the program will either freeze, buffer repeatedly or return an Error code 1. If I exit the program then go back in again I can start watching live again. Frustratingly this only affects Sky channels (One, Atlantic etc.) but doesn't affect others (Gold, Comedy Central, MTV etc.) This is only affecting live streaming, watching a Sky 1 program on catch up is works fine. It is also only affecting my LG Smart TV. I watched Hawaii 5-0 last Sunday live on the Smart TV and my Smartphone. The program worked fine on the phone and froze and buffered on the TV. Things I have tried so far are: -

1) Broadband speed test when buffering returns a speed between 8 - 12 Mbps

2) Connecting the TV using a different LAN cable

3) Connecting the TV using Wireless

4) Setting up the router connection by manually entering the IP address etc.

5) Manually setting the date and time on the TV

6) Doing a full factory re-set on the TV

7) Running a software update on the TV (the latest update is installed)

None have fixed the problem.

The Now TV App was pre-installed on the TV and there is no uninstall / reinstall facility that I can find.

This is starting to drive me mad. Does anyone know a fix.

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung 42LN575V-ZE
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Samsung 42LN575V-ZE

I think you mean an LG 42LN575V-ZE 😉

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already I suggest you re-boot your router (and ethernet switches), as it often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect each devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah awaiting a new router delivery which could be the cause

Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's also very important that your TV's software is the latest version @Anonymous User

LG televisions, especially the older ones running the NetCast OS (like yours) don't like running the NOW TV app on old software version 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a solution to the error code1?  I too have tried all the suggested advice but none have been successful.  I have a LG TV using the app from the smart menu, I can start a film from nowtv 10 or so minutes into the film and the film will buffer and stop with the error code 1.  All other streaming smart apps work without fail. Can someone from NOWTv Please respond  with a clear instruction on how to resolve  this issue that clearly alot of user are experiencing 

Regards 

Christian