cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error Code 1

I've have started to have problems watching my entertainment pass live since the start of 2017. I have tried many things to fix it but none have worked. When I am watching live the program will either freeze, buffer repeatedly or return an Error code 1. If I exit the program then go back in again I can start watching live again. Frustratingly this only affects Sky channels (One, Atlantic etc.) but doesn't affect others (Gold, Comedy Central, MTV etc.) This is only affecting live streaming, watching a Sky 1 program on catch up is works fine. It is also only affecting my LG Smart TV. I watched Hawaii 5-0 last Sunday live on the Smart TV and my Smartphone. The program worked fine on the phone and froze and buffered on the TV. Things I have tried so far are: -

1) Broadband speed test when buffering returns a speed between 8 - 12 Mbps

2) Connecting the TV using a different LAN cable

3) Connecting the TV using Wireless

4) Setting up the router connection by manually entering the IP address etc.

5) Manually setting the date and time on the TV

6) Doing a full factory re-set on the TV

7) Running a software update on the TV (the latest update is installed)

None have fixed the problem.

The Now TV App was pre-installed on the TV and there is no uninstall / reinstall facility that I can find.

This is starting to drive me mad. Does anyone know a fix.

25 REPLIES 25
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It might be useful to move this entire topic into the forums dedicated 'LG Devices' sub-section 😉

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Bummer...

• What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • If you have an NetCast OS based LG television, have you tried its 'Intialization of App' option?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • If you have an webOS based LG television, have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app?
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I got an error message today when I tried to start the Now TV app saying there was insufficient memory and to initialize. I've clicked on the initialize button, the TV restarted and I've been able to watch Sky 1 for more than 10 minutes without it freezing. It's early days and I don't want to speak to soon. If it starts freezing again I'll send another post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Started freezing again today. TV details are: -

TV Model 55LA660V-ZA

Software version 04.28.14 (show as the latest version)

Now TV App version 2.15.3

TV is connected with a LAN cable (I have tried using a different one).

I've reset the router, factory reset on the TV, initialisation of premium and initialisation of app and still doesn't work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi PaulD1

None of the suggestions in the link have fixed the problem. I have tried using a Now TV box that we use with the TV in the bedroom and this worked fine on the smart TV. I have a spare box so will be using this instead of the App on the TV. It's not an ideal solution but at least I will be able to watch Sky channels live.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had buffering since January this year which comes up with error code 1. I've tried all the steps (resetting router etc) but still very poor streaming especially​ live tv. April was an improvement and I could actually watch live tv. It's gone back downhill again this month. I've missed most of Hawaii 5-0 and ncis Los angeles tonight.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Had buffering since January this year which comes up with error code 1. I've tried all the steps (resetting router etc) but still very poor streaming especially​ live tv. April was an improvement and I could actually watch live tv. It's gone back downhill again this month. I've missed most of Hawaii 5-0 and ncis Los angeles tonight.

@Anonymous User

Hi

Is it only the NOW TV app which the buffering occurs or is there any other apps on your TV which has issues?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only now tv has the problem. You tube / iPlayer etc work fine
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keep getting error code 1 whilst watching through smart TV
4th time on current film !!!!
Any advise??
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Keep getting error code 1 whilst watching through smart TV
4th time on current film !!!!
Any advise??

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the make and model number of your 'smart' television?