cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment pass not recognised

I’ve bought the £5 per month offer for 4 months to watch GOT. You can imagine my joy when I signed in right before it started to find that I needed to buy a pass at £7.99 to watch it...!!!!!!!! 

After 30 minutes of faffing around, waiting for an eon to connect to the ‘help’ chat, re-logging in etc. (And missing half the episode) I managed to watch on my phone on the app. 

Its showing on on my phone as I have the package, the £5 has been taken from my bank acc., but not showing on my LG smart tv, or iPad. 

Not impressed. Can you please explain why this is??

• LG
11 REPLIES 11
Geluk
Expert 2

On your TV for example, have you logged in via the TV's NOWTV app first?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I logged in but it’s not showing that I have a pass. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I had the same problem with the NOW TV app on my LG TV. Turns out that I was logged into a different account. I reset my password on my PC for the account I bought the pass on, then signed out on the TV app and signed back in with new password (I had to go right to the bottom of the page to get to the Account details/sign in/out option on the TV app). Hope this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same problem with no answers on here. I’be tried every suggestion to no avail. Only bought the entertainment package for Game of Thrones. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am having the exact same issue with my LG tv

the app is there but after login it doesn't show my entertainment pass - any help?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

apparently BT only allows (recognises) movie passes So no entertinment passes if your provider is with BT

"The reason you are not able to watch the Entertainment Pass on the BT box is because the Bt box just supports the Cinema Pass and it does not support any other passes
null (‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019‎ ‎13‎:‎53‎:‎53):

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue, and am with talktalk. has anyone a problem with taktalk?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am having the same issue, and am with talktalk. has anyone a problem with taktalk?

Also @Anonymous User 

Your problem, both, is that you are trying to watch a NowTV Entertainment Pass on a YouView box where, because of historical rights issues, only the Movies Pass has ever been supported. This is due to change, for some YouView boxes, but we don’t know which, and when, yet.

So you need to watch it on some other device you might have. Or on a NowTV Stick, if you don’t have a compatible device, and/or you just want something you can hook up to a TV with the minimum of fuss.

@Anonymous User , you can perfectly well use NowTV if you are with BT as your ISP, just not on a YouView box; my ISP is BT, and I have the choice of two NowTV sticks, the app on my Samsung TVs, my laptop, my iPad,  my android phone, and my Roku 3 box.

Though only six at a time, and most of these variants are to help with issues in this Community; for watching myself, just the two NowTV sticks, one upstairs, one down.

But all working over BT sweet as a nut on Entertainment; just my two YouView boxes confined to Movies only.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.